Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

6 Posts

August 17th, 2019 17:00

XPS 15 9570, Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo, issues

After countless research, and trying hard not to buy a MAC - I settled for the XPS 15 9570 maxed out on all premium features. I work a lot with DAWs, and thought this would have been a great laptop for such use case. I was completely wrong and it has been a constant fight, researching, implementing suggestions trying to get this laptop closed to what was advertised. This is struggling just to play simple music from iTunes or any other media played. All I get are pops, clicks and sometime the sound will literally slow down and resume to popping and clicking. Disabling SpeedStep, Turbo Boost, and C states appeared to somewhat stabilized the system. I feel like I am literally just settling with a substandard device. My audio card is the Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo. Is anyone else out there struggling with this laptop? I have the extended warranty, and not sure what to do since I think I’m beyond the returning period. And yes I have updated all drivers, applications, etc.

Community Manager

• 

55.1K Posts

August 19th, 2019 06:00

Profanity is not allowed on our Forum. Here is the Forum Terms of Use.

Prior to installing the non-tested 3rd party Universal Audio Apollo Twin USB device, did you have audio issues when only using the onboard Realtek ALC3266 audio?

Read through this article, "How to Troubleshoot Audio or Sound Playback Issues". Per that article, did you run the hardware diagnostic test?

Community Manager

• 

55.1K Posts

August 20th, 2019 05:00

Awaiting a response to my previous reply.

Community Manager

• 

55.1K Posts

August 21st, 2019 05:00

Since we have not received a reply from you, we are closing this case. If you decide to continue at a later date, you will need to start a new thread.

No Events found!