Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 23rd, 2022 00:00

isHighlyActiveTopic

XPS 15 7590, Memory Integrity on causes an inaccessible boot device

Hey all,

Just wanted to report a minor bug with a fresh install on Windows 11 22H2 on XPS 15 7590.

When trying to turn on Memory Integrity under Device Security / Core Isolation, upon next reboot i get a blue screen with Inaccessible Boot Device.

Yes, I'm using the latest Intel Chipset Drivers and XPS 15 7590 firmware.

Yes my Windows 11 is up to date.

expired on August 2, 2020. DELL-Admin>

13 Posts

October 24th, 2022 12:00

We don't have any official information yet. I don't know about the others, but Dell will lose me as future client on a next purchase. This XPS have many minor problems that I just adapted myself to live with.

13 Posts

October 24th, 2022 12:00

News ?

1 Message

October 27th, 2022 11:00

I am having the same issue and have tried everything that I can find on internet.  Please advise.

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

October 31st, 2022 07:00

To identify if there is a driver installed that does not support Memory Integrity. Download the Microsoft "Device Guard and Credential Guard hardware readiness tool".

* Click Start
* Type power
* Right click, "Windows PowerShell"
* Click, "Run as administrator"

* Enable scripts by executing: set-executionpolicy remotesigned
* Browse to the extracted tool folder and execute the following to check the drivers = .\DG_Readiness_Tool_v3.6.ps1 -capable -hvci
* This should identify any issues preventing Memory Integrity from being enabled

4 Posts

October 31st, 2022 08:00

Hello,

I did it, everything is green, except one thing:

"====================== Step 3 OS Architecture ======================

Unknown architecture

Machine is not Device Guard / Credential Guard compatible because of the following:
Unknown OS, OS Architecture failure.."

What now?

4 Posts

October 31st, 2022 09:00

I found a solution to the Unknown architecture:

"

Solution

Change the code in the CheckOSArchitecture function in the \DG_Readiness_Tool_v3.6.ps1 script as following

from
OSArch=(gwmi win32_operatingsystem).OSArchitecture

to

OSAch=((gwmi win32_operatingsystem).OSArchitecture).tolower()

then the script just works fine."

After that, everything works fine with no problem. I have no errors, still the update does not work!

33 Posts

October 31st, 2022 09:00

I ran the tool and found one driver for the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 that was incompatible. Focusrite has a newer driver available on their website (June 2022) that solved the problem after a rerun ".\DG_Readiness_Tool_v3.6.ps1 -capable -hvci"

But unfortunately, the upgrade to Windows 11 22H2 still fails.

4 Posts

November 2nd, 2022 01:00

I have premium plus warranty till 2024. I will sent back my Dell and demand a fix. If not possible, I will return.

33 Posts

November 2nd, 2022 07:00

Days after running the DG_Readiness_Tool_v3.6.ps1 tool I'm confronted with many BSOD's that I have had never before!

Going back to a restore point from 3 days back in time. My goodness, what I ride.
Come on Dell, please provide a fix soon or at least let us know you are working on it.

13 Posts

November 2nd, 2022 13:00

Hi... tonight in win update "Windows 11, version 22h2 is available" appeared....what should I do?

do i proceed or wait?

thank you all..

1 Message

November 4th, 2022 11:00

My Dell XPS 15 7590 also went into repair loop after enabling those virtualization settings and restarting. When I Disable Virtualization I/O from BIOS, it seems like it will get solved but it asks for Bitlocker recovery keyI don't have this key.

Please there must be another solution. I have very important data on my drive!Is there any other solution where we won't need Bitlocker key!?

23 Posts

November 7th, 2022 08:00

I was part of the insider program for Win 11 22H2 and this problem started early May with a new released build. I then tried to do a clean install resulting in the same problem. Disabling secure boot in the bios solved the installation bug. 
So it coud well be it is on the Microsoft side.

457 Posts

November 8th, 2022 05:00

@F-bitlocker You should be able to get your bitlocker recovery key from your MS account, if you setup the computer using an MS account.

1 Message

November 9th, 2022 02:00

Dell XPS 15 7590: windows 11 memory "core isolation" issue

I have the exact same issue. Is there a solution yet?

33 Posts

November 9th, 2022 04:00

Short answer NO. There is a work around, but with complications regarding BIOS settings. See thread here.

No Events found!