Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 5th, 2021 09:00

Problem with crackling sound after windows 11 update

Hello guys,

I have an XPS 13 9305. It was eligible for the windows 11 update. Shortly after I updated, I started having issues with crackling sound from the laptop speakers. This problem does not occur on any external speakers, wired headphones nor Bluetooth headphones. It exclusively happens on the laptop speakers.

I looked around for help on some old threads and asked the Dell support team for help (from their Support Assist application). They guided me on how to uninstall the Realtek sound driver from device manager and reinstall it. Unfortunately, the problem did not disappear after doing so. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek sound driver numerous times to try and fix the issue but it has been persistent. 

The Realtek Audio Driver info:

Version: 6.0.9084.1, A00 

File Name: Realtek Audio Driver_GY3C8_WIN_6.0.9084.1_A00. EXE

File size

697.62 MB

I also tried to change the format between 24 and 16 bits and 48000 and 44100 Hz but I had no luck.

Does anyone else have this issue? Should I switch back to Windows 10?

If anyone found a permanent fix I’d appreciate if you could help me out! 

• 

16.9K Posts

January 5th, 2022 08:00

adnan98,

To reinstall Windows 10 follow the information below.

Please visit here for detailed instructions on downloading and using the Dell OS recovery tool.

7 Technologist

• 

12.2K Posts

December 5th, 2021 10:00

If any other device is fine then it may be a hardware issue. Run diagnostics (tapping F12 immediately at boot) and watch for any sound problems. There have been issues reported with Realtek drivers and Windows 11 as this web page shows. If diagnostics shows no problems then one way to know for sure is to go back to Windows 10 and see if the problem persists.

5 Posts

December 5th, 2021 10:00

Thank you for your reply.

I have ran the diagnostics using f12 at startup and it showed no problems in hardware. I will try reverting to windows 10 and see if the issue continues. I will update the thread later with the results.

2 Posts

December 27th, 2021 07:00

I had the same problem with crackling sound in bluetooth headphones after update from windows 10 to windows 11.
Updating Quallcom Bluetooth driver to version 10.0.0.1118 solved the problem.

No Events found!