Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

20 Posts

June 6th, 2020 07:00

9350: can't wake up from S3 sleep state if secure boot is enabled

Hello,

I recently purchased a Dell XPS 9300 Developer Edition.

As previously reported on this forum, enabling deep sleep (mem_sleep_default=deep kernel parameter) requires turning off the "Signs of life" option in the BIOS/UFI. This is only a moderate pain in the rear because one has to find that piece of information but not where it gets really funny is that with secure boot enabled (with user key management in place and working as expected), the kernel will systematically crash (blinking caps-lock key) when getting out of sleep.

So kernel crashing sounds like a kernel issue I know, but the fact that it only happens if secure boot is enabled (which the kernel has nothing to do with AFAIK) makes me think it's probably a BIOS issue).

I would love to be able to have both deep sleep and secure boot working. Can you help?

Best regards,

François

• 

25.5K Posts

June 6th, 2020 15:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

No Events found!