Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 17th, 2004 09:00

cox.net e-mail w/ outlook express on windows xp

I just installed windows xp.  My e-mail is now a nightmare.  I can't find subaccounts, can't see all the listings for same account from the various desktops, etc. I am on cox.net using outlook express.  Someone mentioned msnbc.  I no idea what they are talking about.  How do I set up cox.net e-mail using outlook express on windows xp?

LT

8 Posts

March 17th, 2004 10:00

jmwills...thanks.  I think the problem is cox.net is a computer based e-mail service.  To access the e-mail from the various desktops (remote comptuers, etc.) without a problem, I believe a web based e-mail system is necessary.  I'm thinking there is a way to link the cox computer based e-mail with another web based e-mail.  I'm way out of my league.  Barely know what these terms mean but am think my answer is somewhere in this concept.

LT

12K Posts

March 17th, 2004 10:00

I will presume that Cox uses POP3 servers so as not to confuse them with IMAP servers.  Cox will had to supply you with the names of the Incoming and Outgoing Mails Server names (POP3) and a username.

If you go inot Outlook Express and to Tools>E-Mail Accounts, the wizard will walk you thru the setup but you MUST know the above information.  When you download from the webmail based client, the folders should sync.

1.1K Posts

March 17th, 2004 11:00

This is for cox east but you can find all the info on Cox HSI support:

http://usercenter.cox.net/rsuite/sdcuser/default.jsp

No Events found!