Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2003 22:00

Norton Rebate

I was just wondering whether anyone has had any success in getting the Norton Antivirus 2004 rebate.  I purchased at Staples and it is supposed to have a $30 Canadian or $20 US rebate for owners of a previous version.  I sent off all of the information, including the origninal disk of my Norton AV 2002 on 19 October.  Now they cannot find any of it apparently - guess I can kiss that $30 Canadian goodbye!  Is this a scam?

186 Posts

December 14th, 2003 23:00

I have Norton 2003 installed on one of my machines.  I received the rebate (eventually - took about 8 weeks).

Was the mailing address in the USA?  More likely then it's the quality postal system we have down here that has misrouted it.  If that's the case, did you keep copies of the submitted materials?  I'm not sure what Norton's policy may be on that issue, but you could always ask.

153 Posts

December 15th, 2003 09:00

I sent it to the Canadian mailing address.  It has now been eight weeks since I sent it off - anyways, I will give it another while.  There is a rebate site to check to determine whether the rebate is in the system.  According to this site, my rebate is not in the system!

11.9K Posts

December 15th, 2003 23:00

@Blun wrote:
I was just wondering whether anyone has had any success in getting the Norton Antivirus 2004 rebate.  I purchased at Staples and it is supposed to have a $30 Canadian or $20 US rebate for owners of a previous version.  I sent off all of the information, including the origninal disk of my Norton AV 2002 on 19 October.  Now they cannot find any of it apparently - guess I can kiss that $30 Canadian goodbye!  Is this a scam?

Norton's rebates are NOT a scam.  I buy all of their products each year, do the upgrade rebate on each one, and end up getting them all for FREE.  I've had a problem here and there with processing, but by having my copies I always get my rebates.  They normally take 10 - 12 weks, at 8 weeks it's too early.

Of course I sell the versions I don't need on eBay...

Message Edited by rickmktg on 12-15-2003 08:59 PM

153 Posts

December 16th, 2003 09:00

Thanks Rick - I will wait and see what happens.  Happy Holidays!
No Events found!