Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

February 11th, 2008 21:00

Mozilla Firefox Problems!

I am having problems on my Dimension desktop with Mozilla firefox.  When i open it says tat It is unavailable.  I am connected to my internet.  Internet Explorer works and displays websites but Mozilla doesn't.  I uninstalled Mozilla and i reinstalled it to normal settings, and still did not work.  My settings are all correct and I don't know what to do.  I like using Mozilla and am NOT planning on going back to using Internet Explorer 7! 

hopefully someone can help me and help me get my mozilla back to normal

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 11th, 2008 23:00

Un-install Mozilla Firefox.

Right click start

left click explore

Left click on the programs folder

Look for the Mozilla Firefox folder and delete it.

Restart your computer

Everything should work. You'll have to download your extensions adn themes again. Sorry, bookmarks are lost.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 12th, 2008 10:00

If Firefox is not able to access the Internet most likely your Firewall is not allowing it.  Check the Firewall and what you have to do to allow Firefox Internet access.

130 Posts

February 12th, 2008 12:00

Open Firefox, click on Tools > Add-Ons and disable any add-ons listed. Close> reopen and see if there is a change.

You bookmarks are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\YourNamen\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ including a backup copy stored as bookmarks.bak

Worst case scenario, save your bookmarks to your desktop, (including the .bak file) uninstall Firefox, delete the Profiles folder listed above and then reinstall the application. You can reimport the bookmarks from either of the files you copy out of your profile.
Message Edited by artizen on 02-13-2008 03:14 AM
No Events found!