Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

October 16th, 2005 16:00

Lotus SmartSuite

I am trying to install Lotus SmartSuite on my new Dell computer.  When I get to the point where I am ready to install, the screen shows that it will install on my hard drive (c).  I click on "Next" and I get a screen showing both my C and D drives with the D drive highlighted and a message that the highlignted drive (d) doesn't have enough space to install the program.  I am not even trying to install it to the D drive.  Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this message?  I had the program on my previous computer so I am wondering if there is something imbedded in the hardware of my new computer that is causing this.  Any help would be appreaciated!!!

2.5K Posts

October 16th, 2005 18:00

How old is your version of SmartSuite?

3 Posts

October 16th, 2005 20:00

My version of Smart Suite is the Millenium 9.8.

2.5K Posts

October 16th, 2005 23:00

There was a problem with some older software computing available disk space.  The problem was that until recently it was possible to use 32 bit numbers in the calculations.  Therefore it is possible on a new PC using older software the computation is incorrect.   It might have worked on a older PC if the disk partition was less than 4 gigabytes.

Message Edited by msgale on 10-16-2005 09:33 PM

3 Posts

October 17th, 2005 23:00

So does that mean there is nothing I can do to install it?  Is there a newer version?

2.5K Posts

October 18th, 2005 00:00

I am not sure it is the problem, only a guess.  Why not check the Lotus web site?

October 18th, 2005 01:00

I had a similar problem with Lotus, but on 7.0.  It seems that it would not transfer to a new machine because it was an OEM version.  I am able to use most of Lotus' features by running the CD ROM.
No Events found!