Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

October 9th, 2005 16:00

Logitech quick cam 4000 install on XP Media center edition Dimension 9100

Im trying to install my webcam which i used on my gateway xp so i know its working but i can not get it to install right on this computer as far as sending a email with the cam and taking pictures that part work but when i try to use the live broad cast which i used that before on my gateway it will not work i keep getting this same error ive uninstalled and reinstalled the cam i have no idea whats going on can someone help this is the error i keep getting

spotlite has been unable to determine your net work settings please contact custmer service or you can ajust your proxy settings. attempt to establish HTTP conection has failed

Im using roadrunner internet service  i email roadrunner they couldn't help me ok then i went to www.smartcomputing.com and found this but im not sure what to do now i do remember on are xp gateway my husband used flight simulater and i remember seeing (DirectX ) in the control panel but i do not see it on this computer
ok heres what i read

Step 1: Before Installation

Prior to installing any hardware and/or software on your computer, we recommend that you back up the data on your hard drive as a precautionary measure. This will enable you to quickly recover if the installation process harms your computing environment in some way. If you plan to install a Web cam that's similar to the QuickCam Pro 4000, you'll be installing one piece of hardware (the Web cam) and up to five software components/applications, such as:
? DirectX 9.0 (required, but may already be installed on your computer)?DirectX is a component of the Windows OS. According to Microsoft's site, DirectX consists of "a group of technologies designed to make Windows-based computers an ideal platform for running and displaying applications containing full-color graphics, video, 3D animation, and audio."

? Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 software (required)?This software package installs the drivers for the QuickCam Pro 4000 device and provides a utility that lets you capture, save, and email still images and video.

Install DirectX 9.0

A version of DirectX is probably already installed on your computer, but it may not be the latest version. To determine which DirectX version you have on your computer, open the Start menu, click Run, type dxdiag in the field, and click OK. You'll see a window display telling you which DirectX version is installed (see Figure 2). ( NOTE: Even though the Logitech QuickCam software states that DirectX 9.0 is required to run the software, we found that it worked fine with DirectX 8.1.)

DirectX is like some other Windows components (for example, Windows Media Player) in that you won't be able to uninstall it once it's installed or updated. Therefore, it's critical that you make a hard drive backup prior to installing DirectX 9.0, just in case the installation causes some type of problem. In addition, you can create a Restore Point using System Restore, found in Windows Me and Windows XP, but this isn't as foolproof as creating a backup of the data on your hard drive.

so thats about it thats all i can tell you hope someone can help me

thank you
No Responses!
No Events found!