Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 13th, 2005 17:00

Kodak Easy Share software Won't install!

I can't down load Kodak ES on to my PC Why? It was there I have tried everything I can thank of! I un-installed Service 2 didn't load ,removed Kodak, Shut down Norton,Zone alarm pro.I went to run and typed in miconfig and disabled every thing I keep getting Error Code 11X451XOX That says I lost my internet Connection no way.I have tried the CD it fails each time.Please Help Thankx Gary

11.9K Posts

March 13th, 2005 17:00

@FatNLow wrote:
I can't down load Kodak ES on to my PC Why? It was there I have tried everything I can thank of! I un-installed Service 2 didn't load ,removed Kodak, Shut down Norton,Zone alarm pro.I went to run and typed in miconfig and disabled every thing I keep getting Error Code 11X451XOX That says I lost my internet Connection no way.I have tried the CD it fails each time.Please Help Thankx Gary

FYI, you can easily edit a prior post to change the heading or content.  Bring up the post and click on Message Options.

You're describing two different issues.  If you have a CD, the internet has nothing to do with the installation of the software itself since it's on CD as you said.  Perhaps you could explain the process you are following a little more precisely?

Hopefully you did NOT install the camera yet as that's AFTER the software I believe.

52 Posts

March 13th, 2005 18:00

Rick: The Kodak CD will not load.I get amessage saying that It Failed
When I go to the Kodak site and try to down load version 4.0 I get the message that I lost my internet connection.That did not happen!Any Ideas? Thanks Gary

11.9K Posts

March 13th, 2005 19:00

@FatNLow wrote:
Rick: The Kodak CD will not load.I get amessage saying that It Failed
When I go to the Kodak site and try to down load version 4.0 I get the message that I lost my internet connection.That did not happen!Any Ideas? Thanks Gary

Please provide the EXACT error message on the CD load attempt.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 13th, 2005 19:00

I just bought a new Kodak camera (DX7590) and installed the supplied Easy Share software a week ago.  Rick is correct the instructions say to install the software first.

If you have a pop up stopper (blocker) that may be causing the download from Kodak problem.  Temporarily disable any pop up stopper program and then try to download.  I downloaded a software update for the new camera and I had to disable the pop up blocking program in order to download the update file. 

The CD installation instructions say to exit all programs and disable any Antivirus programs.  Did you do that?  Also, will other programs install, or at least are you able to access the CD or DVD drive? 

Are you logged on as Administrator or only logged on with a limited access account?

52 Posts

March 13th, 2005 23:00

also when install after it loads the icon and goes into to my programs. just like it installed. I get this message Initiazation of c:\Program files\Kodak Easy Share\Catloge\Easy Share.me Failed

This has worked for a year then about two weeks ago I could not E-male a picture.
So I tried to un- install then re-install and thats where I'm at now!
Thanks for any help Gary

52 Posts

March 13th, 2005 23:00

Kodak easy share was unable to finish your task (Error Code 11x421xox would you like to go on line to find a soultion.

There is no Solution? I think there is a problem with Kodak?
Thanks Gary

Message Edited by FatNLow on 03-13-2005 07:45 PM

11.9K Posts

March 14th, 2005 00:00

@FatNLow wrote:
Kodak easy share was unable to finish your task (Error Code 11x421xox would you like to go on line to find a soultion.

There is no Solution? I think there is a problem with Kodak?
Thanks Gary

I found it quite easily I think.  http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/knowledgebase/easyshare.jhtml?pq-path=2/3/10/5224/2100 tells you when you get an error message like you did, run the Clear software located here: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/downloads/private/dln00007ClearUtility.jhtml then reinstall the software or download the newest version.  Give that a try.

11.9K Posts

March 14th, 2005 00:00

@FatNLow wrote:
also when install after it loads the icon and goes into to my programs. just like it installed. I get this message Initiazation of c:\Program files\Kodak Easy Share\Catloge\Easy Share.me Failed

This has worked for a year then about two weeks ago I could not E-male a picture.
So I tried to un- install then re-install and thats where I'm at now!
Thanks for any help Gary

Ah, new information.  Clearly the uninstall and reinstall created the issue. 

52 Posts

March 14th, 2005 01:00

All Most got it then a new Error Code 1605x53x329900159x So close I'm going to try the Clear Utilty again It almost installed.Thanks Gary

52 Posts

March 14th, 2005 02:00

YES! The 2nd time was a charm!Rick Thanks for your help! Gary

Message Edited by FatNLow on 03-13-2005 10:31 PM

No Events found!