Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 2nd, 2007 22:00

I was trying to reply to a post but it was deleted before i could post mt reply

Some one made a post that he got his Vista upgrade in the mail today but he had 2 assistance disks or whatever they are called and no operating system. He called and they said sorry yu will have to wait 7 weeks for the right disk. I tried to reply to ot but as I hit the post button I gort an error saying that the original post had been deleted. Is this a secret they don't want everyone to know?
This is getting so ugly they can't even get the right disks in the mail.

15 Posts

Any way...I Never got a Vista DVD with my upgrade kit..So they tell me that it will take Another 7 weeks to get my DVD.

Message Edited by oddball77 on 03-02-2007 06:27 PM

15 Posts

But I do have my Key for Vista ..so If I find some one with Vista CD can I use there's to download the software and use my Key?

15 Posts

Yes that was Me...Thay are trying to put us down!!!!! If we say bad things about Dell.

Message Edited by oddball77 on 03-02-2007 06:23 PM

240 Posts

There is no excuse for this kind of behavior by the moderators. Dell is looking really bad right now. I am about ready to contact the media they will eat this stuff up. I have been trying to be kind but you know it is our money and it seems like they could care less. They could at least get involved and leave us some encouraging messages in the stickies at the top of the forum. One more person getting wronged on here and I will contact the media. That would include any one else legitimate concerns on this forum.

36 Posts

March 2nd, 2007 23:00

I also had an unrelated post deleted this afternoon. No swearing - just expressing my frustration that my Dell Vista Upgrade Advisor I received yesterday fails when it attempts to update my BIOS in preparation for Vista.

And when I go to use Dell's email support - it says they won't discuss software issues - only the hardware is under warranty.

I'm calling the Support line Monday. Geez, it's their software that's not working.

Dell Inspiron E1505

Message Edited by eferg on 03-02-2007 07:59 PM

March 3rd, 2007 02:00

As long as you got your product key, you should be able to use practically any CD to install it. Definitely let me know if I'm wrong.

As for them shipping you two upgrade assistance disks, that almost comedic ...at least you'll be well prepared when you get the actual Vista CD :smileywink:

Anyways good luck, ignore my remarks.

15 Posts

March 3rd, 2007 03:00

Yea..hahaha I will be at that....I just bothers me that they said that it may take up to 7 more weeks to get the Vista dvd..That is just poor customer service..It should be next day since it was there mess up.....They must have monkeys packing these things our somthing.:smileyindifferent:

Message Edited by oddball77 on 03-02-2007 11:05 PM
No Events found!