Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2006 15:00

How do I download DVD onto hard drive?

I am interested in downloading a home movie onto my hard drive, then making a copy of it.  I purchased Vegas (Sony), but cannot seem to figure it out.  Someone also told me to try Nero?  Thanks for your help!!

HockeyMom23

138 Posts

October 3rd, 2006 15:00

Is the movie already on a DVD or is it on a tape or some other media?  I'm confused.  If the movie is on a DVD then simply put the disk in your DVD drive, open Windows Explorer and copy the disk to a folder on your hard drive.  If the movie is on some other media things begin to get complicated.

October 4th, 2006 01:00

HockeyMom23 here,

I purchased CopyDVD123 and the movie which I have will not work due to copyright laws.   It is not a "Home Movie" yet it is not a "commercial" movie either.  Just a video that a TV news show did and gave us a copy of what they did.  I thought it would be cool to have copies made, but to my surprise, I have to purchase each at $25!!

Any way to get around the copyright???

138 Posts

HockeyMom posted that it is a "home movie".

if it is a retail dvd that wont work due to copy right protections

12K Posts

October 4th, 2006 03:00

You mean "hack and break copyright laws".  Post that here and you apt to get banned.  There are commercial programs that do that however.  ALL LEGAL.

311 Posts

October 4th, 2006 13:00

If the DVD is copyrighted, it's illegal to make copies and we probably want to stop any further discussion on how to bypass copy protection. Thanks in advance.

11.9K Posts

October 4th, 2006 16:00

HockeyMom23 wrote:
HockeyMom23 here,

I purchased CopyDVD123 and the movie which I have will not work due to copyright laws.   It is not a "Home Movie" yet it is not a "commercial" movie either.  Just a video that a TV news show did and gave us a copy of what they did.  I thought it would be cool to have copies made, but to my surprise, I have to purchase each at $25!!

Any way to get around the copyright???

If in fact your forum name accurately describes your situation, you might want to think about how you explain to your kids stealing someone else's copyrighted material...
No Events found!