Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 9th, 2007 04:00

Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional Won't Uninstall

Hmm.... me thinks that Vista doesn't like Adobe products! I saw a similar post in regards to Adove Flash 8? Anyway, here is my problem... I installed Acrobat 8 and launch the program and at the startup screen where you may select your project, regardless of what I select, the program immediately goes to not responding and Vista gives me the option to close or wait for windows. Which ever I select ends in the same result, Adobe crashes. I tried updating to version 8.1 with the same result. Ok, fine, then I will uninstall... but wait, my uninstall freezes and after restarting, the program isn't listed in the control panel yet the entire folder is still there. I can't get it to work and I can't get it to uninstall. Tried deleting folder and it says I don't have the proper rights to do that. If I open any PDF file, Acrobat 8 opens it and then freezes. I have searched Adobe website to no avail.  Ignore my signature bellow, that is for my desktop. I am using a new Inspiron 1721 Laptop with Vista Business installed and just received it two/three days ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2.9K Posts

September 9th, 2007 15:00

Have a look at this procedure to remove Acrobat. Then try to install again. The Adobe site claims that Acrobat Professional 8 is Vista compatible.
No Events found!