Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 13th, 2017 04:00

Mouse cursor lags

My laptop recently had a big update,windows 10, and after the update my cursor lags when i move it. Itll work fine then stop for .3 seconds or so then move its suppose to then does it again.. I checked the hard wear abd it says the touchpad is fine i went back to a previuos update on the mousepad and its still doing the same as it did after the big update. I even tried upping the speed of the cursor when moved and still does it too.

Anyone know what i can do to fix it?

1 Message

April 14th, 2018 11:00

Just fixed this as well. Here is a December 2016 AMD 16.12.2 driver. It works without the hiccups. It's a problem with graphics driver compatibility with this version on Windows 10 1709. It now works fine for me.

• 

16.9K Posts

December 14th, 2017 06:00

Dlee9010,

Click the link below for resolving erratic cursor issues with your laptop. Also, reinstall the drivers for the touchpad from the link below.

How to Troubleshoot and Resolve an Erratic cursor on a Dell Notebook PC

Dell Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

4 Posts

December 20th, 2017 15:00

I have exactly the same problem with my Inspiron 3541, after upgrading to Windows 10 creators update (version 1709). I was running Windows 10 version 1703 before that, and the touchpad was working fine. After the update, it's a giant pain. Did you manage to solve your problem?

4 Posts

January 22nd, 2018 04:00

With the whole Spectre/Meltdown fiasco, Windows 10 insists on updating to the newer version, but the problem is still present. I'm not convinced the problem is only about the touchpad, it looks like the entire system is freezing for a split second every couple of seconds. It might be a problem with the graphics driver.

1 Message

January 29th, 2018 03:00

I have this same problem. Ran antivirus, ran system diagnostics (touchpad and mouse work outside the operating system) and rolled back the driver. No good. The problem started mid January when it looks like the touchpad/mouse drivers were updated. Somebody please help!

3 Posts

February 27th, 2018 05:00

3 Posts

:Crying::catindifferent::Zipit:

3 Posts

:Crying:

June 17th, 2018 15:00

Thank you so much for this solution! I ran into this problem earlier in the year, did a complete wipe and reinstall of Windows, and it worked until I got a few more updates, then started again. This solved it completely. Amazing how much just a little glitch like that can frustrate you. Thanks again!

2 Posts

March 15th, 2019 14:00

I had a similar issue, but found a solution minutes ago. Please see my response here.

3 Posts

August 1st, 2019 12:00

With the same problem on a Dell Latitude E5430 running Windows 10, it must be a driver problem. I've noticed outside of Windows, in the BIOS, the cursor behaves perfectly as it should. I'm running a pre-boot diagnostic right now but soon as it's done, I'll boot to Windows and roll back the graphics driver. If that doesn't work, I'm rolling back to Windows 7 Pro and see what happens there. I'll edit this post with the results.

1 Message

November 17th, 2019 02:00

I have two Dell laptops, a Vostro and a Latitude.  Both are running Windows 10. Both suffered from annoying cursor lag.  Then I discovered that when the were not connected to a power supply the cursor lag didn't happen. I have now found that one of them had a generic power supply.  When they run on that power supply the cursor becomes erratic, whereas, when I they run on the Dell power supply or with no connected power supply the cursor is perfect.  I am no expert but I would say check your power supply.

December 17th, 2019 13:00

This Solution (Crimson Edition 16.12.2 Hotfix update) helped my identical laptop.  I totally forgot about the AMD graphics driver as being part of the problem.  Been dealing with this for a couple of years now, as well.  Thank You!  Thank You!

Terry Green
Edna, Tx

December 18th, 2019 21:00

, yeah! Did the trick! THANK YOU!!!

December 26th, 2019 02:00

Hi bro can you me the correct driver link im getting cursor lag after installing adm graphic driver

My system specification 

Im using Windows 7 home premium sp1

Processor : ADM A6-6310 APU with ADM Radeon R4 graphics 1.80 GHz

Memory : 4gb ram 

System type : 64 bit

No Events found!