Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2017 12:00

How to get windows 10 key to reinstall it?

Hello my friends I bought Dell 7567 with Windows 10 key, right now I need to reinstall the windows from scratch which means that I will format my hard disc so how can I get the windows 10 key because I can't find it on the box or on the laptop

October 8th, 2017 13:00

I think you might be misunderstood me I bought this laptop with Windows installed it is premium with key but the key is not written on laptop body or on the box so I need to get the product key before I reinstall this windows so I don't lost my serial number

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

:emotion-2:

I suggest you create a windows 10 installation media in the link below. You'll need a blank USB flash drive with at least 5 GB of space .If you purchased the system brand new or previously upgraded to Windows 10 and you’re reinstalling it, you don’t need to enter a product key. Your copy of Windows 10 will automatically activate later using your digital license.

Download Windows 10 - microsoft.com

First thanks for your reply I actually downloaded ISO file from this link before but the idea I don't have a serial number I purchased the laptop with installed version so I don't know the serial number I'm afraid I'm losing the serial number if I installed this new ISO file

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

If you don’t have a license to install Windows 10 and you have not previously upgraded to Windows 10, you can purchase a copy of Windows 10 in the link below:

Get Windows 10 | Shop & Buy New Windows Devices | Microsoft

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 8th, 2017 14:00

Exactly. Dell doesn't sell computers with the product key anymore. If you purchase the computer brand new or upgraded to windows 10, you don’t need to enter a product key in the windows 10 installation media. Your copy of Windows 10 will automatically activate later using your digital license, therefore windows 10 will be a free.  In the windows 10 setup, it might prompt you for a product key during installation, just select Skip This Step, see image below) or 'I don't have a key' :

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 8th, 2017 14:00

Please click on link below, and start at the 255 mark. Hopefully it will be a help to you.

How-To Guide - Windows 10 - Clean Install - USB Thumb ...

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 10th, 2017 06:00

Hello my friends I bought Dell 7567 with Windows 10 key, right now I need to reinstall the windows from scratch which means that I will format my hard disc so how can I get the windows 10 key because I can't find it on the box or on the laptop

Your Windows 10 OEM Product key is embedded in the ACPI tables of your systems UEFI BIOS. Windows 10 Installation Media will automatically find this key and input it during installation (installing the correct Edition of Windows 10). More details here:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/the-oem-product-key-and-oem-system-locked-preinstallation/ 

3 Posts

January 15th, 2018 23:00

I don't know digital license, my laptop is inspiron5468, now my computer os windows10 is need to activate now

1 Message

March 15th, 2018 04:00

KeyStoreOnline is a company with years of history providing low-cost legitimate and reliable discount keys for Microsoft Windows products. We have established relationships with Microsoft Key Resellers, to ensure a steady supply of high quality keys to meet growing demand from savvy consumers like you.

KeyStoreOnline want you to improve access to valuable Microsoft products, by offering a great deal on new product keys. Your satisfaction is our primary goal. KeyStoreOnline strive to make the Checkout process as easy as possible, and provide as much as possible a wide range of product keys and very low prices.

Here's everything that you need; Buy Microsoft Windows 10 Professional Product Key online at best price
KeyStoreOnline.com offer full support with every purchase.

4 Posts

May 5th, 2018 13:00

Hi,

In my case I've an XPS 9550 with a stock windows 10 install.

I would like to migrate it to some Linux distro but I want to run Windows10 in a virtualBox or VMware virtual machine over the Linux System.

In this case, is there a way to activate the Virtualized W10 with the bundled license ?

Franck

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

May 5th, 2018 18:00

@flefeburewrote:

Hi,

In my case I've an XPS 9550 with a stock windows 10 install.

I would like to migrate it to some Linux distro but I want to run Windows10 in a virtualBox or VMware virtual machine over the Linux System.

In this case, is there a way to activate the Virtualized W10 with the bundled license ?

Franck

You can't or don't want to dual-boot? .

4 Posts

May 6th, 2018 06:00

Effectively, I have some difficulties to configure the dual boot (https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-9550-switch-to-AHCI/m-p/6076084#M10650) but this should be fixed (at worst with a Win clean install, I try to avoid)

But it's not the main reason. Actually, the PC is installed with the stock Win10 and I have Linux distros running in VirtualBox.

The fact is I use mostly the Linux environments (I'm a developer) So I want to revert the install (virtualized Windows on Linux host)

Having a Win10 virtual machine is more practical than having to reboot to do some unit test with Edge or to open some crappy Excel file that degrades with Libre/OpenOffice

4 Posts

July 24th, 2018 12:00

Same problem. Did you every find a fix?

1 Message

July 30th, 2018 05:00

Hi. I have a Dell laptop which I bought as a refurbish. It came with windows 10 installed, but now it is asking for the product key which I do not have. It is not digitally installed. I can't remember the name of the seller. I have the service tag, the express service code but no product key. Any suggestions welcome.

219 Posts

August 8th, 2018 19:00

if it came pre-installed with win10, the key might be embedded into its bios.

use ProduKey to retrieve it

No Events found!