Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

9 Posts

April 24th, 2022 04:00

Tearing off the hinge of the display cover on the 5471

Hi, so far on two of the five laptops we have the plastic around the screw that holds the display hinge torn off. According to the service department, the entire palmrest needs to be replaced, however, one of the pieces also had damage to the motherboard. I'm quite disappointed and will prefer only metal unibody solutions anymore. Does anyone have a similar experience?

• 

25.6K Posts

April 24th, 2022 22:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

1 Message

April 28th, 2022 06:00

I have a Vostro 5402, similar problem, the right hinge tearing my display apart. I still have 1 month left with Pro Support, brought it to Dell center. They said it's not covered. Now I cannot close the lid, since it will break the display assembly even further the next time I open it. Very disappointed.

1 Message

December 14th, 2022 06:00

We have a whole batch of laptops. who have this defect. Dell Vosro 5402. of all the laptops that we have broken, all were sent on November 9. At the same time, it is argued that this is not a marriage, but we simply do not know how to use them.

No Events found!