Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 6th, 2004 17:00

i have not virus protection

doesnt your computer come with a virus protection, when you buy it..

860 Posts

November 6th, 2004 18:00

Yes it does.

8 Posts

November 6th, 2004 18:00

well mine doesnt have one so what do I do?

1.1K Posts

November 6th, 2004 22:00

stepaniak:

It might be prudent to purchase a virus protection program if you want to continue to go on-line.  There are several good programs around, Norton and McAfee, to name but a few.  I assume that they can be obtained on-line at their respective websites, or at a retail store near you. 

As to why you don't already have a program installed, you might want to check your system shipping invoice to help determine the cause? 

B4runo

8 Posts

November 6th, 2004 23:00

Thanks for the help but, all dell's come with a virus protection.. Now I don't have one and have had my computer to long for them to do something they say.. So now you suggest to buy one..

860 Posts

November 7th, 2004 07:00

Hi
PLease click on start --settings-- control panel then double click on add/remove and see if there is any anti virus listed there like mcafee or norton .

If they are not listed there

Here are a couple of FREE antivirus software options you could install

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 9th, 2004 12:00

stepaniak,

The service tag number you provided shows that Norton shipped on this system.

8 Posts

November 9th, 2004 21:00

So now what do I do?   Thanks Vicki

1 Message

November 9th, 2004 21:00

So dell shipped on this system, so now what do I do? call dell again.. And ask them about it... Or what do you suggest.. Thanks Vicki

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 10th, 2004 16:00

stepaniak,

List all the Cd's Dell sent you.

8 Posts

November 10th, 2004 20:00

Hi.. I have to go to my storage and find the disks .... Cause I have almost all my stuff in storage but, my computer...
My mother has order two diffrent computers from Dell.. All with the same problem.. She was on hold one day for eight hours with eight diffrent techs, with the same problem I am having.. They could not solve the problem, so then they tried help her again and sent a new computer.. So then we had two Dell's on her account and both had no virus protection.. I didn't know that was the same problem I was having until I told her what mine was doin too.. She has credited both back to you.. I would like to do the same if we can not figure out how this situation can get handled.. My mom has done system restore mutiple times on the Dell's,  my mother rebooted the virus disk's dell sent her.. And went through all the updates for each virus program multiple times..  After she had deleted all the virus programs in her computer as she was told to do by the tech's.. Then we even switched from McAffee to Norton and still no results.. Your anti-virus disks and instillation do not work..  That is why she had returned hers.. When she recieved her new computer she thought the problems would be solved.. But once again it did not work and she was on hold once again for hours..  And it just shouldnt be that way.. I am willing to try the to re-install the virus program again.. As my mother did to hers.. If it doesn't work.. I would like to authorization to return mine also..  Thanks Vicki

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 11th, 2004 18:00

stepaniak,

Please provide verification of the following information in private message -
Complete name of person to contact:
Shipping address:
Daytime phone of contact:
Service tag:
Once this information is verified, I will see what can be done.

8 Posts

November 12th, 2004 02:00

Norton was installed when I recieved the computer.. The computer was not recognizing that there was a virus protection plan.. So I updated this and the computer still did not work.. So we now downloaded the avg and I still recieve virus's in my computer.. So nothing is working..

860 Posts

November 16th, 2004 12:00

Hi

Please download Hijackthis and post your log following the instructions below (Instructions 1/2/3).

Download from SpywareInfo or from Majorgeeks (your hijackthis version should be 1.9.82)

1)Putting HijackThis Into It's Own folder   2)How to use HijackThis   3) How to submit a HijackThis Log  

This would show us what anti virus software is running on the computer and which viruses if any are there on the system
No Events found!