Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 30th, 2014 16:00

Gaming on a Venue 11 Pro 7130 8/256?

I took the plunge on an "Outlet - New" Venue Pro 11 7130 8/256 last week (dock keyboard and stylus too), and am crossing my fingers that it doesn't have any of the issue I've seen posted here, particularly in the huge "Freezing" thread. If it does have issues I may do a bit of troubleshooting but likely will return it before my 30 days are up. I can't afford to be stuck with a malfunctioning tablet this expensive and be unable to return it.

Anyway, in my perfect world with a perfectly functioning Venue 11, I'd like to do some light gaming on it. I have a ton of older games available that I've purchased over the years on Steam, Humble Bundle, GOG, etc. that I would think could run. For example, games like Baldur's Gate 2, Defense Grid, FTL, Kingdom Rush, etc.

Any recommendations for what this table/CPU can handle well? I don't mind reducing game resolutions as necessary to improve performance. 

Has anyone plugged in an X360 controller? If so, any issues with it?

June 30th, 2014 23:00

I recently had the chance to try out the same model of Venue 11 Pro, and I can safely answer your questions for you. The vPro model's Intel HD 4200 isn't exactly hardcore gamer material but it will get the job done admirably more often than you'd naturally expect. It is more than enough for any of the apps on the Windows Store. It can also play many desktop games prior to 2008 at highest settings, and quite a few modern ones at medium or low settings. Referring to my own experience and that of others of tried and tested titles, there is the Half-life series, Jedi Knight series, Star Wars Battlefront, Quake 4, Call of Duty 2 and F.E.A.R just to name a few.

Some newer games like Civilization 5 cannot be played at high settings but, no fear. They are still able to work at low settings very well. If you are uncertain if a game will work, just look to see if the minimum specifications specify whether it can be played on a Radeon X1950 XT (sometimes called "Radeon X1950 series")  or Geforce 7900 GTX (sometimes called "Geforce 7900 series"). The reason why is both of those older desktop graphics cards roughly measure up to, or deliver the same performance as, the Intel HD 4200. At any rate, your tablet will be able to do the trick if either is the case.

I am happy to also say that the Xbox 360 controller works well. As long as the game says it supports an Xbox 360 controller, it will work on your Venue 11 Pro tablet.

July 1st, 2014 15:00

Wow - thanks for the great info. It's pretty much what I expected, but nice to get some validation, particularly on using an X360 controller.

2 Posts

August 27th, 2018 12:00

My Dell laptop not able to handle to WWE 2K18 game itself. Can anyone help me to

on my Dell laptop ???. I guess some graphics card issue.

Thanks. 

No Events found!