Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 8th, 2014 06:00

Possible to change from Celsius to Fahrenheit?

In OMSA and the iDRAC ambient temperature is displayed in Celsius.  I've looked, and I don't see it, but thought I'd ask any way;  is it possible to change how it's displayed, from Celsius to Fahrenheit?

• 

8.6K Posts

May 8th, 2014 10:00

Hi

What model server are you using? On the iDRAC 6 and 7 there is an option for the LCD to display in Celsius or Fahrenheit. OMSA only uses Celsius.

49 Posts

May 8th, 2014 12:00

Josh,

Thanks for the reply.  I believe all of our servers are iDRAC 6.  But this is what I'm getting at:  We use Microsoft System Center Operations Manager for monitoring.  And we have the Dell management pack for SCOM.  We would like to see the email alerts with the temperature in Fahrenheit.  Since we're in the U.S.

It is both disappointing and surprising that we can't use Fahrenheit.  Dell is U.S. based and most of it's customers are U.S. based, where we still are on Fahrenheit.  When I say "disappointed", I mean disappointed that it isn't an option to choose one or the other.  Not that it doesn't default to Fahrenheit.  I realize that most other countries are probably on Celsius.

1 Message

September 2nd, 2016 09:00

You can change from Celsius to Fahrenheit in the BIOS. At boot hit F2, enter BIOS and then go to iDRAC settings. In there you can change Celsius to Fahrenheit. After the change the system will reboot. Once rebooted when you go back into iDRAC you can set the temp to display on the LCD screen and it will be in Fahrenheit. 

11 Posts

December 17th, 2016 19:00

My R710 won't display the temp in degrees fahrenheit... only degrees celsius...

Even after changing the setting to display the ambient temp in degrees fahrenheit in the bios...

1 Message

July 15th, 2020 11:00

Is possible to change between F and C.  Must be done at the display buttons on the server not via iDrac. 

check https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/04/poweredge-r730/r730_ompublication/view-menu?guid=guid-e295e822-98e1-47e4-ac15-e4bc6a656bd0&lang=en-us

• 

3.2K Posts

July 15th, 2020 20:00

Hi,

I don't think there is a way to change the units in iDRAC. The units are automatically converted and displayed on both units in iDRAC.

No Events found!