Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 23rd, 2001 20:00

DRAC default password

What is the default user ID and password to access a DRAC through the Remote Assistant application?

The default "root" and "calvin" worked to configure the card, but don't when trying to remote the DRAC.

1 Message

August 18th, 2016 07:00

For iDRAC7 following default credential can be used: 

username:root

password:calvin

3 Posts

July 25th, 2001 15:00

you have to configure a remote user through IT Assistant before you can remotely address the drac. there is not a default user for remote access to the drac. when configuring a drac user, make sure you check the box that says "Configure DRAC user" under the Dell Remote Assistant User section. Once the user is properly configured, you will see a little phone icon next to the user.

Message Edited on 07/25/01 11:39AM by texasol

80 Posts

September 27th, 2006 20:00

On your Windows XP notebook or desktop that has the ability to access the DRAC's you need to download and install the RAC console from the IT Assistant software.

Download: http://ftp.us.dell.com/sysman/MgmtStat-WIN-4.5_A00.exe

Extract the file and double-click on the setup.exe file in the windows directory. It will perform a pre-requisite check. Some items may fail the check, just ignore and choose to continue. Choose a customer installation and select the RAC Management Station. Make sure all other items are de-selectd and choose next. After the installation is complete you can bring up a command prompt from your XP notebook and use the RACADM command to change the passwords.

Here is an example of the syntax you will type. My RAC IP Address is 192.168.1.1, my username is root and my password is calvin. I am changing my password to password.

C:\>racadm -u root -p calvin -r 192.168.1.1 config -g cfgUserAdmin -o cfgUserAdminPassword -i 1 password

October 29th, 2013 00:00

Hi There,

My requirement is to reset the iDRAC settings on factory defaults or remove the current user ID and password. 

the background about the issue is i recently purchased an used PowerEdge R710 Server from one of my clients. i dont have any KBD and monitor attached to the server as of now and i am trying to access the server through iDRAC console. 

i was successful to change the iDRAC IP from Server front panel but i am not able to reset the iDRAC Settings on factory defaults even with C:/> racadm racresetcfg command. 

this command asks me for existing user id and password. 

is there any way to reset the iDRAC config without knowing current user id and password. ?

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

October 29th, 2013 02:00

If you don't know iDRAC username and password, then there is two way where you can reset the password

1: Using iDRAC Configuration Utility

Reboot your server and press Control E button when asked (During End of POST) to enter into iDRAC Configuration utility. Here you will get an option to configure root user password

2: Using Local Racadm

In this method you can run following local racadm command to change the iDRAC root password. To run this command you need to install OMSA on the server operating system or you need to boot the server using Dell Deployment toolkit

racadm config -g cfgUserAdmin -o -i 2 -o cfgUserAdminPassword calvin

As you don't have Keyboard and Monitor connected, I don't think you can try any of these methods. If you have OS installed on the system and have remote access to OS (Remote Desktop or SSH), you can only try second method using OMSA.

You can download OMSA from below location

For Windows Operating System:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/poweredge-r710?driverId=CWHRG&osCode=WS8R2&fileId=3267736217&languageCode=en&categoryId=SM

For Linux Operating System:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/poweredge-r710?driverId=5PDVY&osCode=RHEL5&fileId=3195920415&languageCode=EN&categoryId=SM

You can download Dell Deployment Toolkit from below location

No Events found!