Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

May 23rd, 2003 21:00

Teac DW-224E 'device in the system modular bay cannot be identified' Latitude C610 |A15

Hi All,

I have the Latitude C610,but when i put Teac DW-224E(24x10x24x8) into notebook,i have big problem.

Now when I turn the machine on I get the following message:

"Device in the system modular bay cannot be identified"

I try with Bios A01-A15,but it's the same. DW-224E is working good when i put in after boot mashine in WinXP

Sorry for my language.

Thanks a lot,

Raidal.

December 25th, 2003 04:00

I too have a similar problem.  Did you find a solution?

I have a Dell Latitude CPi Notebook.

I also have a problem with the modular bay when the CD Rom is inserted. The error message I get is: "device in the system modular bay cannot be identified".

The CD Rom works fine in ANOTHER Dell Latitude notebook so there is no defect with the CD Rom. I then I tested the modular bay by inserting a 3.25 floppy drive, it WORKS just FINE. So the modular bay works but NOT WITH a CD Rom. I then tried a DIFFERENT CD Rom drive in the modular bay and that doesn't work. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

2.5K Posts

December 26th, 2003 15:00

To All,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.
Try using another CD drive in the system, if it does not work, you may have a bad motherboard connector. In such a case, try accessing the drive in dos. If you can access the drive in dos, then you have a Windows problem. If you cannot access the drive in dos, then you probably have a bad motherboard connector. Can you boot to a cd, like the Windows XP cd?
No Events found!