Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 11th, 2004 03:00

No video signal using Dazzle Digital Video Creator 80

I have a new Dell 8300 and am trying to convert my VHS home videos to DVD. I purchased the Dazzle Digital Video Creator 80 with my system. It came with Pinnacle Studio Quick Start. I've had a lot of problems burning to DVD. Often the system freezes after rendering. And I have problems with the Memorex DVD+R discs. I don't know what to do.

When I try to switch to using the Sonic software that came with the system, I am told that there is no video signal.

I'm really stuck. Any help will be appreciated. I'm a real novice with computers, except for the word processing function.

2.1K Posts

April 11th, 2004 09:00

@DVDmom wrote:
I have a new Dell 8300 and am trying to convert my VHS home videos to DVD. I purchased the Dazzle Digital Video Creator 80 with my system. It came with Pinnacle Studio Quick Start. I've had a lot of problems burning to DVD. Often the system freezes after rendering. And I have problems with the Memorex DVD+R discs. I don't know what to do.

When I try to switch to using the Sonic software that came with the system, I am told that there is no video signal.

I'm really stuck. Any help will be appreciated. I'm a real novice with computers, except for the word processing function.

The Dazzle 80 is an entry level device capable of VCD quality at best.

For capture, it is a proprietary device, not WDM compliant, and must be used with its' included software.

At best you should be able to capture and create source files from the included software. These can then be used in any other software that can produce a DVD Movie.

Sorry but I do not have any first hand experience with the products you are using…

1.4K Posts

April 11th, 2004 10:00

I also had problems with the Pinnacle software. I switched to Ulead Movie Factory software and was quite pleased with it. Jim is right about the quality of the capture it leaves a lot to be desired. I also use Nero 6 to capture and burn with the DVC80. You can download free trials of either software at the manufacturers website.

2.1K Posts

April 11th, 2004 12:00

Somebody has to be using Pinnacle without problems! Of course on any board, you don't hear too much from happy campers…

3 Posts

April 14th, 2004 11:00

Jokerswild,

Do you know if I can continue to use the Dazzle hardware to get my VHS movies into the computer, or do you recommend that I scratch the Dazzle and start again with other hardware, particularly because I am absolutely not going to use the Pinnacle software that came with the Dazzle.  I'm starting over in this process and am hoping to get it right this time.

Thanks,

DVDmom

3 Posts

April 14th, 2004 11:00

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!  Unfortunately, the next day my 2 1/2 month old computer crashed - hard drive deceased.  I don't know if there is a connection between that and my problems with Pinnacle, but I am not going to re-install the Pinnacle Quick Start.  I'm going to start all over again (literally), and see if I can use the Dazzle with the Sonic software that came with the Dell.  If not, I'll purchase another piece of hardware. 

Does anyone know how I can determine if my Dell has a firwire 1394 port?

Thanks,

DVDmom

1.4K Posts

April 14th, 2004 22:00

The quality of the dvc80 is so poor I would upgrade if you want decent copies of your tapes.
No Events found!