Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 12th, 2004 02:00

Mini DVD-R's

I have an Inspiron 8500 with a cd rom drive (NEC DVD-RW-ND5100A). I have tried to view a mini dvd recorded from my dvd camcorder but it won't read it. The same thing happens when I tried a mini dvd-ram disc. Is there something I need to do that I'm not aware of?

2.6K Posts

April 13th, 2004 15:00

jweersfan,

Thank you for using Dell's Community Forum.

I don’t think the drive will see the RAM-disk.

The other disk should probably play though. The fact that it is a mini-disk should not prevent the drive from playing it.
The problem could be that the mini-disk was written on an incompatible disk format e.g. DVD-R.
You can try another mini-disk.

2 Posts

April 14th, 2004 06:00

Thanks for the info. That made up my mind whether or not to buy the dvd camcorder. I'll have to check and see if they make the mini disc in dvd+r. If not, then cam goes back!! Thanks again! 

3 Posts

October 6th, 2004 02:00

I might be too late but maybe other people will benefit from this. I have a Sony Handycam that records on mini-DVDs and you have to finalize the disc before anything can play it: PC or DVD player. If you have room left on the DVD just Un-finalize it when you want to use it again and then finalize it when you're done. I also saw a post where someone said the camera has a USB port for still pictures. You can move the video files through the USB as well and Nero can edit them and/or burn them to disc. It's unbelievably faster than a video capture! Also, you don't have to wait for that loooooong rendering process...
No Events found!