Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

August 15th, 2008 16:00

Creating slideshow with Windows Movie Maker with background music

I have created a slideshow in Windows Movie Maker with music in the background. When I publish my movie it transfers to Windows DVD maker to burn. When I burn a DVD on my external DVD drive, the slideshow plays but no music. If I select to burn my slideshow to a CD, everything works, but I have to view on the computer and I wanted to play it on a DVD for an anniversary party. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

Dell Vostro 200

Vista Home Premium

1.0 GB Memory

E198wfp (analog) Intel (R) G33/G31

Express chipset Family

Total Avail graphic memory 250 MB

Dedicated Video Memory - 0MB

System Video Memory - 128 MB

Shared System Memory - 122 MB

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

August 16th, 2008 11:00

Hi, Aselton:

Most DVD players will play video CD or SVCD, whichever you're making.

4 Posts

August 16th, 2008 13:00

Thank you for your response. I have 2 DVD players, 1 is probably over 5 years old, and the other is a couple years old. I tried my CD in both and neither one will recognize and play the disc. It's just a standard CD-R disc. Should I be using something different? It's been so frustrating, because the slideshow is there, I just can't get it to transfer on to something I can use. I like the Windows movie making program, it was easy to put together, but not too sure about the Windows DVD program. Do you have any tips on getting the music onto a DVD? Or, is there a certain kind of DVD I should try? I have already tried two kinds, DVD-RW-, and DVD+R.

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

August 16th, 2008 17:00

If you play the DVD disc on your computer, do you hear sound?

4 Posts

August 18th, 2008 03:00

When I play the DVD on my computer, all I get are the pictures. No sound. I checked the volume and had it up as loud as possible, but no luck.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

August 18th, 2008 23:00

I'm afraid I don't have any experience with this program. It would appear your DVD burning is working properly. You might want to try Googling a different program for doing this.

2 Posts

August 19th, 2008 15:00

Publish the file to computer with Windows Movie Maker which will make it a .wmv file.  Use either Roxio or Nero and create a DVD with one of those.  It will ask you to add the movie and just choose the .wmv file that was created with Maker.  Then burn to DVD.  I've had no problems with sound or anything using these programs to burn the DVD and they all play fine in the DVD players.

Hope this helps.

4 Posts

August 20th, 2008 14:00

Thanks for the advice, MCTech08. I'll give it a try!
No Events found!