This post is more than 5 years old

A

December 22nd, 2007 22:00

Blu-Ray/Spiderman 3/No work

Spiderman 3 Blu-Ray Disc does not play on Media Direct 3.3

Message Edited by Allin4greeN on 12-23-2007 08:21 AM

48 Posts

January 4th, 2008 14:00

I applied the last patch in late December (24th or 25th). A few of my BD's played for a day or two, after that... nothing.

I did not find Media Direct to be a good player for DVD's either. Many picture artifacts and no option for multichannel audio output. It just wasn't useful to me in my home theater. On the road, I suppose it would do...

1 Message

January 4th, 2008 14:00

Chris how are you approching the Spider Man 3 Blu ray? I also cannot get it to work. I looked in Explore and found out the certification has a different date than the other blu ray movies I own.

6 Posts

January 10th, 2008 21:00

I'm starting to get disillusioned with Dell and support for my system. Dell sent me MediaDirect 3.5, however, it did not resolve the issue. I now can not play any BluRay disks, although standard disks still play fine. I will continue to attempt to resolve this issue with Dell, I have no intention of purchasing software to make my laptop do what Dell says it should do to begin with.

48 Posts

January 10th, 2008 22:00

odinala,

I have much respect for your decision to hold Dell responsible for providing a product that actually works. If I had the patience, I would have followed the same path.

Even on DVD's, I didn't find the quality of playback with Media Direct to be satisfactory at all, and although Windows Media Player and Vista Media Center offered substantial improvement, this left me with no way to play BluRay's.

Best wishes for a successful resolution! Please keep the thread updated if Dell manages to fix their software. It's really an unfortunate first experience to have with a new machine...
No Events found!