Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 14th, 2019 11:00

Alienware Area-51m Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe can't install the driver

Hi, I just install a Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe 1TB M2 SSD as a second disk drive and Windows 10 detect it as a SSD drive. Unfortunately Samsung Magic show me - Unable to detected. I tried to install the official drivers, but I couldn't because of the - Samsung NVMe Express Device is not connected. Connect the Device and try again. It's a very strange because the disc is connected and I'm using it as a gaming storage. Thank you for your help!

5 Posts

April 16th, 2019 03:00

4 Posts

April 14th, 2019 19:00

I'm having the same issue with my XPS 15 9550. I uses my Samsung 970 evo plus 1TB as the system hard drive. Installed all the latest drivers from dell. Then when I try to install samsung nvme driver, I got the "Samsung NVMe Express Device is not connected. " error. Also I randomly run into 3 blue screens when watching youtube or copying files with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. This indicates there's some kind of driver issue.

1 Message

June 6th, 2019 19:00

Hey folks! If i just want to replace the secondary hdd for a sdd evo 860 would i have the same problem ? Tks! Leo

82 Posts

December 29th, 2019 17:00

Thanks a lot, i never could imagine it Will be so easy, i was very nervous during the process, but everyting went well, change to AHCI mode without any problems. Alienware R5.

No Events found!