Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2011 11:00

PROJECTOR REPAIR

I have 3 Dell projectors, one requires a repair to the lamp driver board, however to try and obtain any contact with Dell technical is well nigh impossible, they dont reply to emails,will not let me have the address of there service dept etc,etc.

Where can I obtain service manuals for 3400MP,and 2400MP?

Where is the service dept, or the "return to base" (Gt Britain)

Dell projectors may work fine, but if thats their attitude to after sales, I will never ever buy  Dell again.

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

May 15th, 2011 17:00

raylec,

We at Dell do not repair projectors so we do not have the Service Manual. All we offer is the Owner's Manual. We simply exchange them while under warranty. The returned projectors then go back to the manufacturer for failure analysis.

3 Posts

May 15th, 2011 20:00

Thanks for your reply, So Dell do not make projectors, so who are the manufacturer? Are you saying that Dell refuse to stock/supply parts for the items which they mislead customers that they manufacture.?

Certainly never ever buy Dell again!

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

May 16th, 2011 22:00

so who are the manufacturer?
* Several, depending on the model. But they do not ship parts or the service manual.

Are you saying that Dell refuse to stock/supply parts
* For PC internal components we do. Not for projectors and monitors. We replace those while under warranty.

3 Posts

May 17th, 2011 01:00

Hello,

This is most perculiar, all manfactures have or produce a servive manual, for all items as complex as this.

Unfortunately the manufacture of this projector dont recognise the model,since the model no is a Dell related, and can not supply.

However the manual would be transferred to Dell for possible reprint,and as they are the end supplier would have the manual.

I agree that Dell do not make these items,same as Tesco dont produce food etc ,it all made for them by other concerns who are anonymous.

We are stuck with 3 projectors with no servive information and no help from Dell, even a schematic would help!

As a result Dell products are on a black list  for after sales. pity.

2 Posts

January 5th, 2012 03:00

Hello,

What if the warrant is expired?

2 Posts

January 5th, 2012 03:00

I have a 4210X projector that dosen't boot. It just displays an amber light (flashing) on the power button and an amber light (steady) on the temp button.

January 5th, 2012 07:00

Theoe - try removing the power cord from the projector, and plug it back in. This will help clear your steady temp-light issue. If it keeps happening, you'll need to change the bulb. I believe you can search online to find exactly what a blinking power and steady temp light means (back of the owners manual). Thanks!

1 Message

April 13th, 2012 16:00

Hi did you ever get an idea how to fix this problem ... I have the same issue. Grrrrr

May 8th, 2012 13:00

I also have a Dell projector (1609WX) I've been having problems with. When I turn it on I'll often get blinking temp and bulb lights with a solid power light. When the projector is on I often experience problems with color and sudden powering down going to the light state I mentioned earlier.

Dell doesn't seem to have any answers beyond what is in the manual and doing an RMA. I attempted to disassemble, but without schematics I fear I may damage the device. I'd love some more detailed information about my light state and disassembling my projector for self cleaning/repair.

4 Posts

May 18th, 2012 09:00

Same type of problem here with the 1410X model. Very frustrating as these problems happened soon after buying over 40 of this model.

4 Posts

These manufacturers of the 1410X simply did something wrong with the batch my school ordered. I can't get any further answers and warranty has run out on them. I feel like we wasted our very valuable money when we thought we were making the best choice for our school. Disappointed in Dell.

4 Posts

I've had similar issues with support as well.

10 Posts

August 2nd, 2014 10:00

Hi the 2400MP lamp driver board we can offer.

or tell more the problem of your projector, we can repair it online.

No Events found!