Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 26th, 2010 14:00

Toolbar at top of desktop screen missing

Good evening.

I am new to the community and please excuse me if I have placed this thread in the wrong place.

I have a Dell studio laptop and I appear to have lost the toolbar that appeared across the top of the screen.

This toolbar contained the likes of shortcuts for internet, e-mail, word, webcam, dell etc.

Can anyone please provide advice to how I can re-install this toolbar?

Thank you in advance.

Andy.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 26th, 2010 14:00

Andy,

I think you're talking about Dell Dock

If you have trouble installing it, please let me know.

Rick

2 Posts

February 26th, 2010 17:00

Thank you for the information.

Dell dock is what I was looking for. I have found it in my "program files" folder.

When I run the application it came back. However, when I restarted laptop it had gone again.

I believe I need to add it to the start up menu - how do I do that?

Thanks again,

Andy.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 27th, 2010 09:00

Andy,

Go to start, control panel, programs and features and uninstall Dell dock, then restart your computer.

Download and install  Search Everything When it starts, give it a chance to scan. After you see a bunch of foldewrs in it, type

Dell Dock

It will give you a few listings. Delete them all except the installation program.

Now try installing Dell Dock. The installation should work this time and should appear every time you start your computer.

Rick

March 24th, 2010 21:00

How do I add it my toolbar back to the top of my comuter???

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 25th, 2010 01:00

kansas_rebel2000,

You can reinstall Dell Dock

Rick

December 25th, 2011 11:00

Hi

I installed DellDock and I think it is great!  But, when I got my Dell and when I opened Internet there was a thing below the toolbar that had links to email, messenger, etc. It looked a lot like Dell Dock but it appered on the internet. I pushed some button and now it is gone, how do I get it back?

Thanks,

Julia

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 26th, 2011 04:00

Hi Julia,

I believe you mean the command bar. Hover your mouse curosr at the top bar of internet explorer and right click, then select command bar.

1 Message

February 29th, 2012 14:00

hey rick,

I just had my dell inspiron i1440 cleaned and during the process the command bar at the top of my screen is missing now. I would like to know how to get it back if possible. i tried to used the instructions you left for the other person, but i didnt see my dell dock and couldnt follow the instructions you gave the last person please help....thanks

donald 

1 Message

August 17th, 2012 17:00

I just reinstalled Dell Dock onto my computer. When I first got the computer there was an icon on the Dell Dock toolbar that was a shortcut to my webcam. Ever since my computer got cleaned and my Dell Dock got deleted, I haven't been able to figure out how to open up my webcam. I was hoping that by reinstalling it, the shortcut would be there too but it isn't. How can I get the shortcut back?

20.5K Posts

August 19th, 2012 14:00

Hi Shannon1056,

I haven't been able to figure out how to open up my webcam. I was hoping that by reinstalling it, the shortcut would be there too but it isn't. How can I get the shortcut back?
As I understand your question, you need a way to open your webcam. You did not mention which operating system you are using. On my Windows 7 System I would use: Start>Programs>Dell Webcam >Pin to Taskbar

No Events found!