Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2004 00:00

Microsoft Publisher

When I purchased my Dell computer, it came with Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business, which includes the Publisher program.

I recently upgraded my operating system to Windows XP and I upgraded my Office suite to Office for XP (for students), which does not include publisher.

Is there a way I can load the Publisher software from my Office 2000 Small Business installation disk onto my computer?  When I put the Office 2000 Small Business disk into the CD drive, it launches an installation sequence (which I cancelled  becauseI want to be careful that I am not reloading the full office suite since I have already upgraded to the Office XP version for students).

I thought I would be able to just install Publisher, but the disk does not allow me to read it and select an install of Publisher (at least I haven't been able to find a way to do this)

Thanks

OMSR

18.8K Posts

March 30th, 2004 03:00

omsr,

During the installation process, you will be given the opportunity to do a full install or a custom install. If you select the latter you can install individual programs from the suite. To avoid complications, install Publisher into a different folder than the one used for Office XP.

4 Posts

March 30th, 2004 09:00

Thanks for the tip -- worked great!!

The Dell support staff told me it could not be done.  I've become pretty disappointed with their assistance.  When I upgraded to XP recently, they told me all sorts of things that turned out to be wrong (after spending quite a bit of time in the phone que).

Thanks again,

omsr

1 Message

February 5th, 2024 09:20

Some apps like capcut are not lauching on my pc. It keeps referring me to software publisher. please what should  i do?

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

February 5th, 2024 17:00

Some apps like capcut are not lauching on my pc. It keeps referring me to software publisher. please what should  i do?

Hi @Terphlon :

This thread has been dormant for almost 20 years and discusses a problem installing Microsoft Publisher on a Win XP computer.  If you want help with your CapCut app I'd suggest you open a support ticket with CapCut at https://www.capeditcut.com/contact-us/ and see if if this is a known issue.

If you have a Windows OS and this problem affects multiple apps on your system you could also start a new topic in the Windows General board of this forum.  Please include your Windows OS, Dell computer model, antivirus program and default browser along with a list of affected apps and a detailed description of the error you see when you try to launch those apps.

If you are running Windows 10 on old hardware with a CPU that does not support the SSE4.2 instruction set (e.g., a machine purchased during the Win XP or Vista era) please note that many Microsoft UWP apps available on the Microsoft Store like Photos, Calculator, etc. are currently failing to launch correctly - see rbcameron's 22-Jan-2024 Microsoft Photos: File system error (-2147219196) in the Microsoft Answers forum for one example.  Microsoft's Visual C++ team has identified the cause of the problem and should be releasing a fix soon.
-------------
Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.3930 * Firefox v122.0.0 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.23110.3-1.1.23110.2 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.6.8.311-1.0.2249 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7783 * Dell Update for Windows Universal v5.1.0 * My Dell v2.2.6.0

(edited)

No Events found!