Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

February 21st, 2010 09:00

Dell Support Center and Windows 7

Will Dell Support Center work well with Windows 7 operating system? If not, is there another product that would help keep my system stable when I encounter problems?

Thanks,

wzb3

• 

16.9K Posts

February 25th, 2010 09:00

wzb3,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Dell Support Center will work with Windows 7. Click the link below to download if needed.

Dell Support Center

19 Posts

March 15th, 2010 13:00

No Dell Support Center is not compatible with Windows 7. At least that's what Windows 7 is telling me when I try to run an Automated Scan.

Ken

3.7K Posts

March 17th, 2010 07:00

Hi, I have Dell Support Center version 2.5.09100, and it works well with Win 7. You can upgrade HERE or HERE.

19 Posts

March 17th, 2010 11:00

Robin.....

You have a diffe4rent version than mine. I had gone to the first link you gave twice, both times downloaded the what turned out to the the same file, and ran it. Both times, it told me I already had it installed, and offered to to a repair installation, which I did, and both times, when I tried to run pc checkup, got the incompatible. 

So, the third time, I tried something different: I uninstalled support center (version 2.2.08335) and then installed the downloaded file. After the installation, I checked the version and found it was 2.2.09085. And it now runs without the incompatable message.

Now I notice that the second link you give points to a  non-dell site with several versions of dell support center with higher version numbers. How does one decide which version to use. Are these really from Dell? 

Ken

No Events found!