Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2009 16:00

DVD Burning software

Can someone tell me what is a good software to get or freeware for Burning /decrypting DVD's. I have seen suggestions awhile back but can't find them now.

134 Posts

March 26th, 2009 18:00

You can see if one of these will work for you....

http://filehippo.com/search?q=dvd

126 Posts

March 26th, 2009 18:00

shadowcreek

Infracorder CD-DVD burn; IMG BURN; Burrrn CD Burning; CD Burner XP are all free and good. The question about decrypting DVDs; do you mean removing DRM from them?

EDIT: These suggestions are for Windows

March 27th, 2009 08:00

Thank you for the response I will try them

I am a truck driver and I am going back on the road and wanted to make copies for myself to take with me so I wouldn't be taking them from my daughter at home. I don't know a whole lot about terms used I am still in the learning process of tecnology but I do know that you can't copy store bought DVD because of the copy write protection. I just want to make copies for myself to take with me.Thank you for your response

126 Posts

shadowcreek

A truly considerate dad!

You seem to have posted your question in the"linux" forum, unusual for a newbie.  Are you using XP or Vista?

The DVD movies will indeed have DRM (Digital rights Management, nothing to do with your rights) on them to keep you from making a copy. However, it is reasonable for you to want a "back-up" of your purchased disc in case the disc gets scratched, yes? Re-post with answers.

March 29th, 2009 19:00

Thanks for the pat on the back , But it is Mom, Chris is short for Christina :). Don't worry I am used to it. I guess I probably clicked on the wrong forum. But I have windows XP. I found a few products online and found Cloner6 which is supposed to be a one click kind of copier. Will help for people like me that are in the slow lane on computers. I work so much that I really haven't had time to learn down deep. Always wanted to learn more but my brain can't stand still long enough to sit in a classroom and learn.( My down fall). The best I did was when I went through police academy Grad, in the top of my class. It was my passion and computers are a curiosity for me. I hope the Cloner6 works. I haven't tried it yet. I am awaiting my new DVD burner to get her. I can feel the bald spots already. I have a CD burner and a cd reader so it should be (hopefully) an easy transition. I will just replace the CD burner with the DVD burner. Be my luck I will have Knots on my forehead and hair missing when I am done.:) thanks for your help

126 Posts

March 29th, 2009 21:00

shadowcreek

What a wonderful mom!

Making a "back-up copy" of your DVDs is certainly a reasonable thing to do, you paid for it. The DRM does not make it easy or simple. There needs to be a synchronization of the sound and video in the finished product. It may be seen as an advanced technical operation. Many who want a copy of movies make one off of cable, just a piece of cake.

When your new burner comes, consider going to the manufacturers site and downloading the latest "firmware" (different than drivers) , which will allow it to read and write the most blank media. You will need burning software. I avoid Sonic/Roxio if possible. There are a lot of free burning programs out there. Burrrn, ImgBurn, Infrarecorder and  CDBurnerXP. I will post any additional info. that I can find on the copying.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f62/dvd-cloner-4-a-224969/  This thread may be of interest for the forbear er, DVD Clone4. They don't seem to like it.[ cdfreaks.com] is the best site, offering UNBIASED reviews on blank media and burning software, hardware,....... They cover DVDs also, and many true experts lurk there.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f62/dvd-cloner-6-a-257695/  Here is another thread about Clone 6. Many of the positive reviews for Clone 6 seem to be motivated by sales.

No Events found!