Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 19th, 2012 14:00

Can't install Dell Support Center 3.0

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 14R with Windows 7. I have the outdated version of Dell Support Center, so I uninstalled and whenever I try to install the new Dell Support Center, I get the error message: Software not Installed. I've tried doing a customer chat with Dell and they tried everything they could to get the software to install. I even reset the computer back to factory defaults using Dell Datasafe.  Did anyone else receive this issue when installing the support center? If so, could you please tell me how you fixed it?

This is what the error looks like:

This happens right after it is checking for updates.

1 Message

May 22nd, 2012 19:00

Hi,

Try to do the following:

Download Dell Support Center with the aulauncher.exe. After you get the message "Software not installed" exit and go to C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Roaming\PCDr\Update\Binaries (for Windows 7). Run the .exe you find in this folder. After the installation you will not be notified that it was successful but you'll find the Dell Support Center in your start menu.

It worked for me, i hope i could help.

10 Posts

May 23rd, 2012 13:00

hi all..

thanks to dell for fixing this....

i'he downloaded the dell support center agian ...it installed fine...no errors nothing...

Yes. It looks like Dell had solved the issue as well. Now Dell Support Center is able to be installed normally. You don't need to go into the hidden directory anymore on the verified answer.

Thanks Dell!

3 Posts

May 20th, 2012 03:00

Hi all,

i'm also facing the same problem..is there any problem with the software???

i'm using dell inspiron 15r...

i have done all the things suggested by the dell support team..

they suggested reinstall the os ----done ---no luck

installed all the latest divers from the dell website---done--no luck

created a new  admintrator account and agin downloaded the dell support center--done---no luck.....

i'm getting the same screen as posted above..

called 6 times to dell customer care about this issue in two days...no luck...:emotion-12:

10 Posts

May 20th, 2012 07:00

Hi all,

i'm also facing the same problem..is there any problem with the software???

i'm using dell inspiron 15r...

i have done all the things suggested by the dell support team..

they suggested reinstall the os ----done ---no luck

installed all the latest divers from the dell website---done--no luck

created a new  admintrator account and agin downloaded the dell support center--done---no luck.....

i'm getting the same screen as posted above..

called 6 times to dell customer care about this issue in two days...no luck...:emotion-12:

Yeah, it used to work if I had the original Dell Support Center 2.0. If I had uninstalled it, then I would get this error message on the 3.0 installation.

3.6K Posts

May 20th, 2012 10:00

If you have uninstalled or deleted the dell support center 2.0,or never had it installed and want the new version support center 3.0 installed.Make sure you have the latest Microsoft .net Framework installed,and have the dell support center 3.0 stored in the "download this list", on the driver and download page.Install support center 2.0 again and once installed,make sure in the options,you have it set to recieve all updates and let dell search for tag number.Either open support center 2.0 and click the update button to search for the updates,or you can wait for it to automatically search on its own.It took about 5 minutes to pop up with "dell support center update" on my system when i had this problem.

10 Posts

May 20th, 2012 15:00

If you have uninstalled or deleted the dell support center 2.0,or never had it installed and want the new version support center 3.0 installed.Make sure you have the latest Microsoft .net Framework installed,and have the dell support center 3.0 stored in the "download this list", on the driver and download page.Install support center 2.0 again and once installed,make sure in the options,you have it set to recieve all updates and let dell search for tag number.Either open support center 2.0 and click the update button to search for the updates,or you can wait for it to automatically search on its own.It took about 5 minutes to pop up with "dell support center update" on my system when i had this problem.

What's the latest .Net framework? I have version 4. If it is the latest, then I also do have Dell Support Center 2.0 because I reset my Dell laptop again.

UPDATE: Googled the latest .NET framework and it is version 4. I tried adding the item to the download list on the driver site but no luck. Does the Dell Support Update use the Consumer In-Home Agreement? Cause for that I get a fatal error when it tries to install: Fatal error 2343. Fatal error during installation.

3.6K Posts

May 20th, 2012 20:00

During which install,.net or the support center????When you clicked to add the support center to the download list what happenned exactly??

3 Posts

May 20th, 2012 22:00

hi

thanks for ur suggistion..

the .net framework 3.5 also not installing in my system...:emotion-9:

its saying setup error...there is  no problem with the setup file..bcoz i've downloaded it from microsoft site...

by this i can clearly say that some thing is really missing in my system..some driver or something which is primary to install applications..:emotion-42::emotion-43:

10 Posts

May 21st, 2012 16:00

Never mind, ignore the In-Home service agreement (thats where the fatal error was in). I tried installing a clean version of Windows 7 and the program still shows up the error message. The latest version of .NET framework is version 4. I had that and still the issue happened. I'm starting to think that the issue is resulting from the program from Dell instead of our computers.

10 Posts

May 21st, 2012 17:00

I can now confirm the issue that the message above is an error from the very new version of Dell Support Center. I have another Dell computer that has Dell Support Center 3.0 and I tried running aulauncher.exe and it still said it. This is from Dell's side of the program and not our computer's.

1 Message

May 22nd, 2012 01:00

Hi - I am encountering the exact same error while trying to re-install Dell Support Center. I would be very iterested to see if there is a solution to this strange error.

I had uninstalled it after getting the repeated message "Dell Support Center has stopped working". I tried various fixes recommended by Dell, system restore, cmd updates, etc, none worked so I did a full uninstall, through control panel  and followed up with manual uninstall to remove various orphaned files. After uninstalling Dell Support Center, Google Chrome crashed declaring "Unable to find locale data files. Please reinstall". Then Roxio Creator DE required reinstall "The certificate file is missing or has been corrupted. Please re-install it", and Canon Camera Access threw up the error "Library 8 has stopped working". Chrome & Roxio are now working after re-install.

33 Posts

May 22nd, 2012 02:00

Guys.. I think that uninstalling dell support center 2.0 to update to 3.0 is the problem. I think that the DSC 3.0 installer attempts to detect the the DSC Software, and because you uninstalled DSC, it has no relevant system files to update and it will say "sofware not installed". But this is just a theory, they may be other problems preventing it to install.

10 Posts

May 22nd, 2012 13:00

Guys.. I think that uninstalling dell support center 2.0 to update to 3.0 is the problem. I think that the DSC 3.0 installer attempts to detect the the DSC Software, and because you uninstalled DSC, it has no relevant system files to update and it will say "sofware not installed". But this is just a theory, they may be other problems preventing it to install.

Just tried updating 2.0 to 3.0. I have 2.0 installed. For some reason, the message still pops up.

7 Posts

May 22nd, 2012 17:00

Hey Dell, Hi everyone...

Dell... will this be fixed anytime soon. i was trying to update "Dell Support Center" when i got this very same error message... "Software not installed".

I then uninstalled the program thinking a clean install would do the trick and NO  :emotion-9:

Still getting the same error message even with a attempt at a clean install.

So now i have no Dell Support Center. 

Anyone know where i can download older versions?

10 Posts

May 22nd, 2012 17:00

Hey Dell, Hi everyone...

Dell... will this be fixed anytime soon. i was trying to update "Dell Support Center" when i got this very same error message... "Software not installed".

I then uninstalled the program thinking a clean install would do the trick and NO  :emotion-9:

Still getting the same error message even with a attempt at a clean install.

So now i have no Dell Support Center. 

Anyone know where i can download older versions?

I don't think so, but I was lucky enough to find the older program on my Dell driver DVD.

Dell Support Center 2.0:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nawnia5qj4784w4

No Events found!