Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 31st, 2006 00:00

RUNDLL Error on boot

XPS600

Only get this message when I install my Dell 964 on the Dell 3300 wireless adapter:

Error in C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\dlcjtime.dll
missing entry rundll entry

uninstall printer--leave 3300 installed/connected ---no error

install printer via usb---no error 3300 still connected

everything works fine

This error is annoying! Please help

Thanks
Ryan

Message Edited by kiteboarder1 on 01-30-2006 08:04 PM

272 Posts

January 31st, 2006 14:00

Solution

Open regedit and search for dlcjtime.dll.
Find a value named DLCJCATS in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\...\CurrentVersion\Run\.
Make a safety Backup of the selected registry folder.
Delete value named DLCJCATS!
this is a fix from dell technician from a phone call.

23 Posts

January 31st, 2006 17:00

That did it!

Thank you

10 Posts

February 6th, 2006 14:00

Well, I followed the instructions (deleting the registry entry) and it did the job until I re connected the printer (Dell 964)... have the same error againg...

error in c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\dlcjtime.dll  missing entry: runddll entry

so... what's next...? I tried to reinstall the 964 drivers from the Dell site but didn't work, the 'self installing drivers update' didn't work... tried several times, rebooting each time, no change... same error after using the printer...

nevertheless I can't find anything else NOT working properly, besides the annoying error every time I boot the machine...

any suggestions?

I.

272 Posts

February 6th, 2006 15:00

check your msconfig in the startup, winini, autoexec.bat,config.sys for any entry refering to this dll file.uncheck it and see what happens.

10 Posts

February 6th, 2006 18:00

thanks!
but didn't do anything... the dll file in question does not show in config.sys or autoexec.bat or wininit or autoexe2.bat... keep trying....
I.

272 Posts

February 6th, 2006 21:00

ok.. try this.
put the xp cd in the cd rom drive
go to start run and type in cmd

at the c promt
Type in these commands (Press enter after each command)

x: (Where "x" is the CDROM drive letter)
cd i386
expand dlcjtime.dl_c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\
(should see a prompt that shows the file expanding)
(underscore at end of file name = compressed file)
You can also run a copy command like so -
copy dlcjtime.dl_c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\

this should extract, or expand the given fil to the proper location. then reboot.

10 Posts

February 7th, 2006 15:00

thanks again...
the dlcjtime.dl_  was not included in the XPprof disk nor in the drivers disk provided by Dell upon request when I bought this new 9150...
that file was in the photo 964 printer cd...
nevertheless, I did follow you kind suggestion but still the same error...
for some reason it gets back into the registry...
ohhhh windows.... so much time for nothing...
I really appreciate your help,
any other thought?
I.

272 Posts

February 7th, 2006 17:00

try a search for the file on all the cd,s needed. copy it to the folder listed. if you find a file with the same name but dl_ just rename it to dll.
you might even do a search for it on line

23 Posts

February 12th, 2006 21:00

Just curious if that worked for Ellegy.
I've got the RUNDLL error still on every boot.
Nothing worked for me yet
Thanks

272 Posts

February 13th, 2006 00:00

try turning off your power management in both the bios and in the control panel. see if this gets rid of the rundll error. power management can cause this error. Again. check your msconfig and look for somthing calling for rundll. uncheck it and see if this gets rid of the error. the startup in msconfig will show what is calling for the file if the problem is called from there. Have you updated your virus software? this file is prone to virus attacks as well.

23 Posts

February 13th, 2006 12:00

Thanks but still no luck.  This has been happening the whole 2 weeks? since I received my computer new in the mail and installed that printer.  My antivirus is fully updated.  I've uninstalled and disconnected the wireless print adapter and this is not the problem.  I uninstalled the printer again and it goes away every time.  No error with my HP printer attached.  As soon as I install the Dell Photo 964 printer the error comes back.  Does Dell support monitor this?  I'm curious if they have a fix and really not looking forward to calling support!

23 Posts

February 13th, 2006 12:00

actually--as soon as I install it and print something it comes back

I just found a thread under in the printer forum proving that XPS600 and 964 printer problem is a common problem.  Maybe I should send this printer back and get another HP?

Message Edited by kiteboarder1 on 02-13-2006 08:46 AM

10 Posts

February 13th, 2006 13:00

Hi All...
I am glad (?) to find out I am not alone on this...

I have been diligently following sleeplesman advice but no change in the situation...

I agree with kiteboarder1, the issue is the Dell 964 printer... everything is fine untill the next print, the following boot of the machine will indicate the rundll was again successfully installed in the registry giving the anoying announcement it can't find it...

I sitll have other issues with my new 9150 pc (the whole system is being exchanged this week) so I have not been able to follow this up more throughfully than I shuld but once I am running the next system, will try to get to the bottom of it.  Maybe in the meatime you guys have figure it out!!!

Nevertheless, I have seen Dell published an update of the 964 printer but the 'self intall' file is not working... hopefully they will notice that issue...

Thank you all and wish you good luck... we'll keep trying to get it fix... and the suggestion of kiteboarder1 is a good one... get rid of the Dell printer and get a different one...

eliggy

10 Posts

February 13th, 2006 15:00

Hi There... just noticed Dell published an update on the 964 driver, a version that apparently WILL work, as opposed to the previous one that didn't install because of some internal bug.... seems they fixed 'that' issue... try to update your printer and let us know if this will also solve the rundll issue...
the driver is:

I do not have a system to try it but will by the end of the week...
good luck!

10 Posts

February 13th, 2006 16:00

well... I did talk to Dell Tech support and the experience was actually good in terms of waiting time and efficiency from Dell side..., the fellow even went to the Community Forum and had a look to our well documented issue and where we are standing as of now

however, as far as the tech representative I taked to the bottom line is:

1. they are aware of the issue

2. they will NOT support and/or help editing the registry

3. they suggest to reinstall all the printer drivers AND/or operating system...

4. suggested to get in touch with the printes people to file a case on this issue

Bottom line, this is a dead end... the ONLY thing I will suggest trying is to get a DIFFERENT
No Events found!