Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2009 07:00

Printer Toner help - Dell 2335dn MFS & MICR Toner

Hello All,

recently it came to my attention that our printers need to be using the MICR (Magnetic Ink) Toner, I checked everywhere and and cannot find any MICR toner for this printer.

Furthermore, all the MICR toners for dell printers are for disconntinued printers. Are there any printers dell currently makes that have the MICR toner ink or does dell plan on making a toner for this printer??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

October 25th, 2010 18:00

checksnet.com has CheckToner MICR toner cartridges for Dell 2335dn and almost every other Dell laser printer. Only exceptions are several color laser printers.

1 Message

September 5th, 2013 06:00

MICR or Magnetic Ink Character Recognition is a specific printing technology which used to make printing documents like checks readable securely by using magnetically charged ink. This Specific technology is mainly used by the banks since many years and is considered as most important from security point of view. Though banks are using it more, but with its advantages, this technology is also used by small businesses and private individuals.

1 Message

December 4th, 2013 04:00

I realize that printing my own Checks is cheaper than buying them and that the Banks mostly rely on the MICR Ink to verify the processing of the Check.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to find, at Dell, the cartridges I would need for my Printer for processing/printing my own checks.

All I have found was Toners for large "Check Printing" Printers, are there any for my  Dell V725w?

7 Posts

December 5th, 2013 18:00

No. You need a laser printer, not an inkjet printer. If you want an inexpensive printer for which CheckToner is available, get the Dell B1163w which is currently only $69 at Office Depot. It's a great little printer/scan/copier with built-in WiFi so you can even send print jobs from smartphones, tablets, etc. 

No Events found!