Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

7 Posts

January 8th, 2014 12:00

C1765NFW MFP, scanner software

Hi folks.  I received my C1765nfw all-in-one yesterday, and the "Paper Port" CD was not in the packaging. Therefore, I have no "scanner software" to use. My only option is to use manual commands from the printer itself, which is very laborious and limiting. I've searched the web, high and low, to find the driver for Dell Scan Center, Paper Port, or whatever - and I simply can't find anything. Does anyone have any recommendations?

7 Posts

January 21st, 2014 19:00

Thanks for being so helpful everyone. Dell customer service actually sent me a link to download PaperPort and it worked well. Case closed. Thanks again 

7 Posts

January 8th, 2014 13:00

Hi Rick.  Just to be clear, I have the disc labeled "Software and Documentation", however, the scanner software came on a disc labeled "Paper Port 14", which I never received.  I tried calling Dell and couldn't get in touch with anyone.  Do you think this is my only option?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

PeakTek78,

My guess that because of Royalties, that is why the program is not available for download, unless they have it at  My Dell Downloads :: Login

I would contact Dell Tech Support and find out. They can send the missing disk.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Pat,

Contact Dell Technical Support for the printer disk.

Rick

4 Posts

January 21st, 2014 04:00

Pat, you cannot find Paperport in the CD? it should be either in the software and document CD or in another CD...have you checked what's inside the CD you have onhand?  no Paperport?  if so, do you have service tag and any other CD in box?

4 Posts

January 21st, 2014 19:00

Hi, Pat: can you tell the service tag of your C1765nfw printer? and if possible, please inform us how to contact you....we will try contact you and deliver one Paperport CD to you.

April 9th, 2015 17:00

Wow, you got support to help? They told me my printer is no longer supported and offered to sell me a similar model. My warranty is good till the end of the year. Wonder what will happen if something breaks.

April 15th, 2015 20:00

Don't try to contact Dell support for this. When I did the second person I spoke with told me the disk was only available if I bough a premium support package, which was over $200, to get the disk. They kept transferring me around till about an hour later I was told that model was no longer supported but they had a special on a similar model. Pointing out the fact that the warranty was still good till 12/15 didn't change his mind. He insisted the printer was no longer supported.

Good luck with Dell service, or more accurately, lack thereof

No Events found!