Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2013 15:00

5100 Printer Covers the page all over in magenta

My Dell 5100cn laser printer is printing the page with magenta over all.  It looks like I'm printing on pink paper.  Whatever I'm trying to print is there and legible, but magenta is all over the top of it.  I ran the cleaning cycle on the toner cartridges.  Got two normal pages, then back to the pink again.  Just now getting the "replace transfer roller" sign.  I hope replacing the transfer roller will fix the problem.  Anyone had this problem before.  Need input please.  Thanks

249 Posts

August 2nd, 2013 02:00

Hi SFactory,

Good day and welcome to the community!

Thanks for reaching out to us and am sorry for any trouble. As what you have detailed that has been happening with the printer. Replacing the roller should fix the issue. Just make sure to run the cleaning cycle on the toner cartridge before use. Hope this validates the resolution. If further help would be needed, just reach out to us anytime.

Thanks and Regards,  

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2013 11:00

I ran the cleaning cycle on the toner cartridges even though the "Replace Transfer Roller Now" was showing.  After running the cleaning cycles the message went away.  I printed 6-8 pages.  The pink became less and less and then disappeared entirely by the 8th page or so.  I have printed well over 150 pages since then and everything seems to be normal again.  I had already sent for the transfer roller, so I will hang onto it until the message appears again.  Hope this helps someone else.

249 Posts

August 7th, 2013 00:00

Hi SFactory,

Good to know that printer gets better at this point. If further help might be needed, just let me know and I'm glad to assist.

Thanks and Regards,

1 Message

August 12th, 2014 03:00

Hello,

my Dell printer 5100cn has the same problem as described above. I am trying to fix it, but I don´t know how to run the cleaning cycle. Would anyone be so kind to explain it to me?

Thanks

No Events found!