Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2009 13:00

PowerEdge 2950 E1118

Hello

We have 15 DELL Servers PowerEdge 2950 64Bit In one of our customer site . I was trying to add additional Processor and additional 4 GB RAM for each server, I did that with four servers but I had receive an error message (poweredge 2950 E1118 CPU temp interface). I have review the code error with Text, causes and the corrective Action on Table 1-5. LCD Status Messages but still the problem persists.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

i was checked all of additional components are installed very well, when i removed the additional processor with heat sink . server was working fine without any error message

Can any please explain how i can solve that problem?

shadi

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

May 12th, 2009 07:00

I would suggest you start by calling Dell Poweredge support for this. Based on the message it sounds like the temperature sensor for the processor temperature is failing. I'm not sure if that's part of the (Xeon) processor or the motherboard, but I would imagine Dell support can assist in determining that, and assuming your system is under warranty they'll be able to replace the faulty component.

1 Message

May 28th, 2009 03:00

I had the same problem when we upgraded the CPU on a 2950 recently; initially thought we had a bad chip. The solution was to update the motherboard BIOS (from 2.2.6 -> 2.5.0). Et voila - problem solved. Hope this helps :-)

Cheers,

J.

3 Posts

June 22nd, 2009 15:00

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE AR-SA MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Thank you   :emotion-5:

My Problem was solved after install the latest firmware 2.5.

Regards

SHADI

No Events found!