Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 10th, 2012 10:00

XPS Duo 12 - Wacom Digitizer Pens

Will the XPS Duo 12 be able to support Wacom digitizer pens?

8 Posts

December 14th, 2012 19:00

Hi,

The dell XPS 12 doesn't support any active stylus, no wacom or n-trig.

It's powered by Atmel maXTouch technology, the chipset used does support the atmel maxstylus active pen, but the dell xps 12 have to be redesigned to be compatible with ( gorilla glass) or dell have to use a wacom digitizer like the latitude 10.

2.3K Posts

February 16th, 2013 16:00

well is there an active stylus wich work on the xps 12?

There is no active stylus that works on the XPS12.

45 Posts

April 5th, 2013 22:00

I assume there is still  no way to get the Wacom Pen to work with the XPS12 Convertible?

Regards,

GEGJr

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

September 15th, 2012 00:00

Hello,

XPS DUO 12 should support the Wacom digitizer pens.
 For more information on this, we will have to wait for the reviews post the product launch.

15 Posts

September 27th, 2012 19:00

Will there be a chance that it will come with a digitizer pen or stylus?   Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

September 28th, 2012 00:00

Hello,

We need to wait till the product launch to be confirmed if it comes with the stylus.
Hope it comes with one!

15 Posts

October 12th, 2012 22:00

it seems that it won't support wacom digitizer pens according to the latest news.  too bad.

5 Posts

October 13th, 2012 00:00

Now that the product page is available, we can see that there isn't any mention of using a stylus as an input option.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-12-l221x/pd?~ck=mn&~ck=mn&dgc=SM&cid=245280&lid=4499369

I would have loved being able to write on this.

Can a Dell rep let us know which Windows 8 devices will have handwriting ability using a stylus pen?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 15th, 2012 07:00

Hello,

I would defiantly  forward this to our product research team so that we can get a clarification.
The moment I get an update I would post the details for you.

15 Posts

October 15th, 2012 08:00

Thank you. I appreciate your help with this.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

October 17th, 2012 09:00

Bashdrew,

From the specs it shows a touch screen, so it will more than likely work with one of those rubber tipped styluses.  I have one for my Galaxy S3 and it works good on the phone and other touch screen computers I've used it on. 

I don't have any info on a digital pen though, probably have to wait.

-Robert

5 Posts

October 22nd, 2012 06:00

From Dell-Allan D :

Hello,

As promised, that I would check with our Product Research Team and get back to you with results. I am glad to inform you that We got the update that This XPS 12 duo and XPS 10 (tablet pc) both would support stylus and has the handwriting feature in it.

Good news from Allan, but from Dell-Robert P:

From the specs it shows a touch screen, so it will more than likely work with one of those rubber tipped styluses.  I have one for my Galaxy S3 and it works good on the phone and other touch screen computers I've used it on. 

Not the greatest news from Robert. I teach and our school has implemented using iPads. I've tried the rubber tipped styluses and whilst they are ok for occasional writing, I couldn't use one of those regularly for a significant amount of writing.

A colleague uses a Lenovo X220T with Wacom stylus and OneNote and it's great, so I'm joining in. I'll see how I go with Windows 7 since the IT guys won't be ready to support Windows 8 until mid next year. By that time I'll know which Dell option to pay attention to and will hopefully have a clear idea of which is best for note-giving (vs note-taking) etc.

Note to Dell, having lost a sale ... update your products sooner.  I wanted an Ivy Bridge update to my very much-loved Alienware m11x but it was discontinued and the "rumored/promised" update has never come. Next I considered the XPS 13 as the next best portable, powerful, battery life combo ... waited for Ivy Bridge but that took way too long. (and now Ivy Bridge on XPS 13 is only available with Windows 8 when I need my laptop for a business environment that required Windows 7). Decided on a convertible tablet and looked at the XT3 but discovered that (again!) Ivy Bridge wasn't present. Worse, the two main elements of a convertible tablet - the screen and digitizer  - were both sub-standard which is ridiculous considering the advertised price of the XT3. (Bad viewing angles on the non-IPS screen and N-Trig instead of Wacom). I hate buying inferior or old technology when there's new stuff out that is better. I delayed too long and couldn't wait any longer for updates in Australia. For now, I'll try the Lenovo X230T. Who knows what problems I'll find there, but I had to try something. Hopefully Dell has something good ready for me next year.

1 Message

October 31st, 2012 15:00

I just heard from a Dell rep during a chat session that the tablet (xps duo 12) will work with a digitized pen. I wonder if will work is the same as support, maybe!!!

let hope so cuz i'm getting the i7 8g 250ssd.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 1st, 2012 06:00

Hello Siak,

XPS Duo 12 does support digitizer pens. If you need clarification on anything specific related to this topic, please write back to us and I would be glad to assist further.

15 Posts

November 1st, 2012 07:00

If this is true, is it possible to update the product details for XPS 12 like the one in Latitude 10 Tablet? 

Display

10.1” IPS (1366 X 768) Wide View Angle LED with Corning® Gorilla® Glass, Supports Capacitive 10 Finger Touch and Optional Wacom Active Stylus

Thank you.

No Events found!