Start a Conversation

Unsolved

JS

2 Posts

June 24th, 2021 03:00

wifi adapter disappear very often

Dell team,

My dell Inspiron with Ryzen 7 has wifi adapter disappearing problem very often

its with windows 10. I tried all updates / window and driver etc nothing fixes it 

Only option to bring it back online is either shutdown fully and power up / or hibernate and them wake it up. 

If you are doing just a restart it won't help. I even tried open ticket with Dell in the past and it was never fixed .

Very unhappy about this laptop and , probably I won't buy Dell anymore unless there is a fix provided

Is there anyone from dell who can look into this issue , I am seeing this is happening to lot of users in this forum.

I started experiencing this problem from Day 1 , but initially I i thought it was a wifi router issue . But this problem is very easily reproducible as well . So Dell is really interested in looking into this problem , I can reproduce any day.. please let me know

• 

25.4K Posts

June 24th, 2021 21:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

June 30th, 2021 01:00

I have tried to respond and the website had issues in sending g response.

In summary what I said is , I am yet to renew my warranty support , but I didn’t do that yet because I am not sure if dell will be ever able to solve the problem at all . Because it was not resolved when the system was in warranty also. But it’s a very easily reproducible issue and I can show to an engineer any time ... please let me know 

1 Message

July 12th, 2021 23:00

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand Network adapters>then select the network drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
Check the box that says delete the software for this device.

October 11th, 2021 03:00

having a same problem since i buy dell in June. after lot of discussion and multiple 1-2 hours call with technical team issue never resolved and then i got network card replacement but still same issue. Seems like Dell had lot of issue with Ryzen processor. Either they need stop making with ryzen or else Dell need to fix this on high priority basis. Completely disappointed with dell this time.

2 Posts

December 13th, 2021 23:00

I have facing same problem dell pression 5510 wifi network is not showing.....

2 Posts

July 25th, 2022 06:00

I have also had the same issue. I tried multiple fixes even redownloading the drive from the dell website.

49 Posts

August 1st, 2022 23:00

A missing or corrupted driver may be the root of this issue. Try updating the driver for your wireless network adapter to see if you can resolve it. There are two ways to update the driver for your wireless network adapter: manually and automatically.

Regards,
J Wick

24 Posts

January 6th, 2023 01:00

I had a similar issue, wifi kept disconnecting and disappearing from system tray icon (Network & Internet setting > Wi-fi tile disappeared) for a few seconds and come back. (while every other device works)

After years of troubleshooting/reset/driver update I gave up and lived with it, until now.

I disabled "Network Connectivity Status Indicator" and the problem stopped! I am amazed at my genius! I hope this tip will be useful to someone out there.

No Events found!