Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 23rd, 2007 04:00

Intel Wireless Network Adapter cannot connect error

on my laptop, im not sure what i touched but i lost my connection to the network in my home. i use an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Adapter and it has been working very well until yesterday when my connection died. i tried resetting up my network but it says that this hardware is disconnected and no wireless network is shown in my network places. the ConfigFree program shows that there are available networks within my range, and even my network but i cannot connect to them. i tried updating and reinstalling drivers from Intel. it says that the right hardware cant be found but when i go to device managers, the adapter is right there and functioning normally. what do i do?

problems with Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Adapter:
1) windows network setup wont allow me to set up a network, claiming that the hardware is disconnected
2) updating and reinstalling drivers from Intel wont work
3) ConfigFree program says no supported network hardware, when it has worked before
4) networks are visible but cannot connect to them

PLZ HELP . thanks

1.7K Posts

May 31st, 2007 17:00

Atk44,

What OS are you running Vista or XP?
Also, go to network connections, what do you see here? Is your wireless adapter shown? If it is right click and then click on enable.
Have you checked Device Manager and are there any red or yellow bangs?

Please let us know the answers to this and we'll see what we can do to get you connected again.

79 Posts

May 31st, 2007 23:00

thanks everyone, actually i ran a simple "system restore" and everythings back to normal although still not sure about what the problem was.
No Events found!