Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

January 26th, 2008 19:00

Cannot connect to Lexmark Wireless Printer

I have just purchased a Lexmark X4550 wireless printer. I have successfully installed it onto our family PC and my wife has installed it and can connect to it on her Advent laptop.

However, it doesn't seem to work on my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop. Initially it installed but wouldn't communicate/print. Now when installed the printer does not appear in the printers folder.

Can anyone help please.

774 Posts

January 27th, 2008 07:00

make sure that in the printer folder or printer name is set to be shared on the network. there should be a hand under the printer icon name in the printer folder. Then on the computer with the printer get the ip address from that computer. if u have the double internet connection screen at the bottom near the clock click it and choose support write down that ip address. now go to the laptops or other computers on the network type the following in the run command

\\192.168.1.xxx        this should be the ip address that you got from the computer with the printer connected to. where the xxx is put the number of the computer with the printer u want to connect to. hit the enter key. your printer name should show up in this case it should say lexmark x4550.  once this is in do it to all laptops. good luck and it should work with all winxp and vista systems.
No Events found!