Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 20th, 2021 22:00

U2722DE, losing network connection

U2722DE intermittently losing network for few second. Installed latest network driver from Dell. Monitor connected to 1Gbit switch and connected to Lenovo T480s via USB-C 90W using original cable. No other issues observed except network drop. There is another computer connected to the same network switch without any issues.

January 12th, 2022 03:00

I found a solution for me in this thread!

* Open the Device Manager
* Navigate to Network Adapters
* Double click on Realtek USB GbE Family Controller
* Click the Advanced tab
* Scroll down the list under Property and highlight Idle Power Saving
* Click the drop down box under Value and select Disabled from the list
* Click Apply- OK
* Close the Device Manager
* Restart the PC

1 Message

September 25th, 2021 09:00

I am also having this issue, though I also intermittently have a blank screen. This is much less frequent than the Ethernet disconnect.

November 22nd, 2021 01:00

I have the exact same issue. If I'm using a USB-Ethernet dongle everything works fine.

Were you able to solve the issue?

November 22nd, 2021 02:00

Hey, we had a similar problem at work, and replugging the power cable worked up to now.

November 23rd, 2021 06:00

Tried that and a factory reset. Still dropping out for 3-4 sec every now and then.

3 Posts

November 23rd, 2021 22:00

I still have the issue. Initially I thought that I did manage to resolve the issue, however I did not. I can reproduce the issue only on single laptop (do not have to many). It is Lenovo T480S connected via USB-C to USB-C cable and I thought it is related to my router and this specific laptop, because once it disconnect, it does not get IP from DHCP until I reboot, and cable replug does not fix it.  I created static IP lease for my MAC address on my router and it seemed that it did resolve the issue so it is not required to reboot, however I still get short random network blips.

I tired connecting the monitor using the same cable to Macbook Pro and I was not able to reproduce the issue (no network drops). Also tried to connect to another laptop - Lenovo Ideapad 700 using UCB-C to USB-A cable and there is no network disconnections as well.

So my assumption is that the issue occur only on Windows computers connected via USB Type-C to C cable.

1 Message

November 23rd, 2021 22:00

Same here.

Swappign with another U2722DE does not help either. In other words, I have tried with 2 different U2722DEs and both display the same problem - Intermittent disconnection from the Ethernet Port on the U2722DE.

November 24th, 2021 00:00

Question... Do you guys have the Intel Iris Xe graphics and 11th gen Intel processors on your computers?

We are having other issues (USB Audio devices shutting down randomly) that seem related to this combination. And if this somehow creates these glitches in USB connectivity it might affect the Ethernet as well.

3 Posts

November 27th, 2021 01:00

Mine is 8th gen Intel i5

1 Message

November 29th, 2021 01:00

We have the same problem with the Dell U2722DE (multiple monitors in the office). Sometimes loosing network-connection for a few seconds when using the built in network-switch.

We are connecting Microsoft Surface Pro 7+ systems to the monitors via USB-C. Using different cables did not solve the problem.

When using a seperate USB-Network-Adapter, everything works fine. Even when the adapter is connected to a USB-Port on the monitor.

So my guess would be, that there is a problem with the internal network adapter of the monitor.

January 7th, 2022 07:00

it doesn't work permanently tho

No Events found!