Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

1 Message

June 19th, 2021 18:00

S2721HN, built-in speakers not working

Hi, I just bought Dell monitor S2721HN. I have connected my laptop to display using HDMI cable and tried to use built in monitor speaker but they are not working. How can I make it work? 

Thanks 

Community Manager

• 

54.6K Posts

June 20th, 2021 14:00

This monitor does not have built-in speakers. The online S2421HN/S2721HN/S2421NX/S2721NX User's Guide never mentions "built-in" speakers. Page 10 shows that it has an Audio Line-out port to connect powered external speakers.

Capture.JPG

(edited)

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

June 20th, 2021 06:00

@Aman1109  Does your PC support audio over HDMI? Have you selected that as the audio output device in Windows? Have you updated your GPU drivers since they would handle audio over HDMI? What PC do you even have? When you say that it’s “not working”, is audio still playing from other speakers on the system instead?

When asking for technical assistance, the more technical information you can provide about what equipment you have, what behavior you‘re seeing, and what you’ve already checked/tried, the more likely you’ll get useful responses.

1 Message

July 13th, 2021 21:00

Even I bought Dell S2721HN and the shopkeeper also said it has built in speakers.

After a deep research I found out that this specific model does not have built-in speakers, it just has headphone and audio out.

also dell should have made it clear cuz I was not the only one with this confusion and later disappointment. 

Community Manager

• 

54.6K Posts

July 14th, 2021 05:00

Crabforlife,

Dell cannot speak to the misinformation told you by the shop keeper.

In addition to the above online S2721HN User's Guide never mentioning built-in speakers, the Dell S2721HN sales site never mentions built-in speakers.

No Events found!