Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

November 29th, 2003 05:00

Problems with monitor - Shaded lines and dull faded color.

I have a Dell monitor that is about 5 years old. It has just recently began to look dull and lose its color brightness. Red seems to be very dull and green and yellow seem to blend together. Also, I've noticed shaded greyish lines that run across the screen that are wider in the corners of my monitor. I was just wondering if my monitor is probably just dying or if it could be something else. I do have a stereo receiver about a foot from the monitor also and I'm wondering if that could be the problem.

Thanks

3 Posts

November 30th, 2003 22:00

I'm having the same problem!  Especially with the Gray Lines going across my monitor.  Monitor is a Dell model #M781p.  It's 3 years old.  Any Help?

526 Posts

December 1st, 2003 01:00

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

3 Posts

December 1st, 2003 02:00

I tried all the reset and color changes, etc and no luck.  Still have the shaded gray lines going across screen.

22 Posts

December 1st, 2003 17:00

I'm having the grey lines across the screen problem as well

Dell1700FP moniter - Dell XPS866 

I've tried updating drivers, software, etc. to no avail.  My system is also 3 yrs old. 

Was wondering if I should try installing a new video card?

3 Posts

December 1st, 2003 18:00

Yea, I've done all the same stuff and I know I installed a new audio card awhile back and now thinking I need a new video card as well?  The monitor is 3 years old but I was reminded I bought it only 2 years ago, new!  Hopefully someone with more knowledge on this subject than we, can help us out soon?....Please!

2 Posts

December 2nd, 2003 04:00

Ok, I'm pretty sure I found the problem. I looked at the pins on the end of my monitor cable that inserts into the tower and two of them are missing. I have an old Dell monitor, model number D1728D-LS, manufactured october 1995. I can't seem to get the cable off of the back of the monitor.

Did the old monitors have permanent cables attatched to them or what? Or am i just not taking it off right?

No Events found!