Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 27th, 2014 08:00

trouble connecting laptop to a AOC monitor via HDMI

specs:

dell xps l501x laptop

windows 7 home premium 64 bit

AOC monitor (no issues here) 

recently bought a new AOC monitor 6 months ago and it worked flawlessly up to two weeks ago when it suddenly stopped working with this laptop. monitor still works great through HDMI with my brothers mac and with a seperate Blu ray player also via HDMI. so its not the monitor or cable that is causing the problem. 

the driver for the monitor is installed correctly and all the extra graphics drivers such as nvidia have been uninstalled and still the screen shows 'no signal'

i suspect the issue is with the HDMI driver which i have not been able to find a driver for (i recently reformatted my laptop and had to re-install all drivers even for USB ports and mouse ) however reformatting the laptop was done in an attempt to solve this issue. 

any help with this would be much appreciated as im at my wits end with this issue. 

5 Posts

thanks for the reply. is that chipset drivers from nvidia or or intel? do you have specific link for them?

the link you left showed me this when clicked

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

Your system has a hybrid Intel-nVidia video setup - install the nVidia drivers (be sure you installed the chipset drivers first).

[View:]

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

Chipset drivers - Intel.

www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15/drivers

Video drivers under Video (nVIdia).

5 Posts

December 27th, 2014 09:00

installed chipset drivers

then  intel graphics drivers because nvidia wouldnt install without having it

then nvidia drivers

external monitor screen still says no signal

5 Posts

December 27th, 2014 10:00

installed chipset drivers

then  intel graphics drivers because nvidia wouldnt install without having it

then nvidia drivers

monitor screen still says no signa

5 Posts

December 27th, 2014 11:00

also installed that and im still getting the monitor saying 'no signal' :/

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 27th, 2014 11:00

If both video drivers are now correctly installed, the last thing you should need is the Dell Quickset utility (look under utilities on your drivers webpage).

No Events found!