A

August 22nd, 2010 02:00

sync with nokia via bluetooth fails

Hi,

I have a brand new Latitude E6510.

Windows XP

Nokia PC Suit 7.1.51.0

Nokia E52

I have installed bluetooth drivers from the dell website.

Synchronization with Outlook works fine via USB-Cable.

Via bluetooth, the PC Suite software tries to connect and within seconds the message appears that the phone divice does not react.

There are some couriosities:

1) Generally, the connection via bluetooth to the phone works. I can access the phonebook and other resources of the phone.

2) I can also start a synchronization at the phone. This also works via bluetooth.

Before I had a E6500 and everything worked fine.

I have already deinstalled and reinstalled the software. I have cleaned the computer with the Nokio Software Cleaner to get rid of all entries in the Registry a.s.o..

I think, there must be a connection method (e.g. outgoing COM assignment to bluetooth for the device) or permission to use a service via bluetooth missing, but which one?

Any Idea?

Kind Regards

Karl-Heinz

August 22nd, 2010 06:00

I'm sorry, i was a bit confused.

You said that "the connection via bluetooth to the phone works." and "I can also start a synchronization at the phone. This also works via bluetooth." so could you be a bit more specific what the exact issue is?

Do you get any error messages?

http://xps-resource.blogspot.com

8 Posts

October 13th, 2010 16:00

We have the exact problem on Latitude E6410's. Nokia PC Suite worked fine on all other models. Potentially a problematic bluetooth device or driver from Dell?

You can manually initiate a sync using the PC Sync application on the phone only. When we attempt to synchronize via PC Suite on the computer there is an error that says the sync failed. Looking in the log it says that the mobile phone hasn't responded!! The only way around it is buying a 3rd party USB Bluetooth plug in device.

XPS_Resource --> The only way to automate synchronization is via the application on the computer this is the part that we are saying isn't working.

Hope someone out there has a solution that doesn't involve another getting another Bluetooth device!

November 2nd, 2010 08:00

Same problem here, with new Dell M4500.  Same Sync process works fine with Dell D600, IBM E61x, IBM T-43

Using Nokia 5230

Nokia PC Suite 7.1.51.0

I too can browse the mobile phone with explorer, move files back and forth on bluetooth connection.  The Sync is the only function that does not work.  I think I've tried every setting I can find in the Dell Bluetooth and handset.

From Nokia PC Suite error log:

The mobile phone has not responded.

PC Sync has encountered a problem and has terminated the synchronization.

Possible Solution

Please check your Synchronization settings and ensure your phone is in the Idle state, then restart the Synchronization.

November 2nd, 2010 09:00

Also tried with Nokia PC Suite 7.0.8.2, no luck, same error message.

For what it's worth, I haven't found the Dell PIM synchronization doesn't work as you would think.  It duplicated everything in my calendar **FOLDER** going 3 years back.  I now had multiple entries in Outlook for everything in the phone and the PC.  The real pain is that the Dell PIM sync restored every request going back several years including original requests that have since been updated, cancellations, etc.

I don't suggest that you use that Dell PIM sync at all ( now I have to ask everyone to send me new invites because I have no idea which ones are current or updated with new conference bridge numbers, passcodes, locations, etc., and yes it syncs EVERYTHING IN THE CALENDAR FOLDER, EVEN OUTDATED REQUESTS.

Adding to the severe poke in the eye from using this sync feature, after each sync the Dell PIM sync returns the error code: 

"The synchonization operation failed. Verify that the bluetooth device is turned on and is within range and discoverable.  Error code = 8100016b."

If you do decide to try it, make sure you backup your calendar in Outlook first or clean out your Calendar folder to contain ONLY CURRENT ENTRIES.

As much as it is painful to do it, just initiate the sync from the phone when using PC Suite... at least you won't have the same problems I did.

8 Posts

November 14th, 2010 17:00

Hi everyone,

I spent a couple of hours this morning totally focussed on fixing this issue and I'm please to advise I have been successful!!

The problem here is almost certainly an incompatibilty between the latest Widcomm Bluetooth stack (specifically with this Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth module) and Nokia PC Suite.

I have solved the problem as follows:

1. Uninstall the Widcomm stack from Add/Remove Program and reboot

2. Download and run the following which will install/activate the Microsoft Bluetooth : http://bluetoothinstaller.com/

About

This small freeware utility will try to install generic Microsoft driver for your bluetooth adapter. The program is based on a widely known method of patching %WinDir%\inf\bth.inf file.
It works for most (but not all) bluetooth adapters, both USB dongles and built-in.

Before making changes to your system the program automatically creates a restore point. If anything goes wrong you can use Windows System Restore feature to revert all changes made to your computer.

3. Re-pair you phone in PC Suite

4. Try to sync again and it should all work pefectly!

I did this on my Latitude E6410 and it worked great.  I was so relieved to see my calendar and contacts happily syncing over Bluetooth without any nasty "The Mobile phone has not reponded" messages!

November 16th, 2010 07:00

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with my E6410. I found a similar solution and tried to de-install the WIDCOMM stack. As I didn't had the windows xp sp3 disc that was asked for during the process, I tried to cancel de deinstallation with no succes. After this my windows was completely damaged and had to reinstall everything... not amused.

I now use an old sitecom usb bluetooth usb stick works fine. I think Dell should provide a solution that is not that risky, and does not require other disc etc..

Any other clue

Willem

No Events found!