Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 19th, 2012 00:00

my screen went half white with dots and lines

after  loosen the bezel and check the connection at the mic my screen went half white with dots and lines ...........@@ Im realy down now , what should i do

September 19th, 2012 01:00

Hi,

Do not despair,  I would recommend you to check the system by booting into BIOS. To go to BIOS restart the computer and press the F2 key to enter the setup screen (BIOS).Check if you are getting the same half white with dots and lines on the screen.

If you are getting the same issue, run a test on the LCD. The easiest way to run the test is to press and hold the “D” key (Letter D) and then press the power button once and keep holding the D key till you see the test running on the screen . 

If the test fails, maybe there is an alignment problem. Please refer to the manual for setup instructions, on Dell’s support site.

Please reply with the results.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

21 Posts

September 19th, 2012 01:00

Hi, also how to get  to start menu if left part of the screen blank

21 Posts

September 19th, 2012 02:00

I think is the hardware problem with LCD, yes same problem on bios setup ,

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 19th, 2012 04:00

What system model?

21 Posts

September 19th, 2012 05:00

dell vostro v13

September 19th, 2012 07:00

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
If you are observing the same sysmptoms in BIOS screen also,then might be the alignment is not right.

Please check the link for the manual of your system http://dell.to/PH0Ydg

I am also  attaching a picture without the bezel, which may help you in placing it back on:

Please reply for further assistance.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

21 Posts

September 19th, 2012 09:00

thanx for replay, look like left part of screen look like damage  liquid crystals, may have to replace LCD

September 26th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

Yes, possibly you will have to replace the LCD. Is the system is in warranty,you can check the status in the link : http://dell.to/7d5R3A

If the system is not in warranty, do let us know if you want any help from our out of warranty team.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

No Events found!