Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 23rd, 2014 06:00

Windows 7 freezes during the login, after entering the password

Hello,

I have the following problem: when I turn my laptop on, Windows starts but after enetring my paswword nothing happens. It keeps logging in. I can open it in the safe mode, but it has become difficult to open it in a normal mode.

Approx. 1 week ago, it made some critical updates. It froze for over 5 hours, and I rebooted and restored it to the state before the updates. Since then, I have had troubles with opening the laptop, caused by the freezing after the password.

Please avdise. Many thanks, Bertie

My laptop :

Inspiron N7110 - UK FCG35 - i5-2430 / 500GB / 4GB / DVDRW / 1GB nVidia GeForce GT525

/ WLAN / BT / 6 CELL / 17.3HD+ CAM BLACK / WIN 7 HP

The Operating System : Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64Bit).

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 23rd, 2014 06:00

Press F12 at powerup or hold the D key through powerup. Run an extended system diagnostic - particularly on the hard drive.

12 Posts

July 23rd, 2014 07:00

Thank you. I just run the diagnostics. It showed me the two errors:

1. Fail PSA V4206 Error 2000:0147 Optical drive 0 - self test: OPU test failed.

This error was discussed here last year, and the conclusion was that I could continue to use the laptop, as I did not and do not have any problems with playing CDs.

2. Fail PSA V4206 Error 2000:0132. Battery - The battery is reaching the end of its usable life.

I bought the laptop in December 2011. I have it mostly plugged in so it usually shows that the batter is 100% charged.

I noticed that generally, when Windows opens correctly, this process is slower than it used to be.

What can be causing the problem with the freezing after entering the password? How can it be fixed?

Many thanks,

Bertie

No Events found!