Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

W

14 Posts

January 27th, 2007 02:00

Which Software for Latitude smart card reader

HEEEEEELP please!
Does someone knows a chipcard software which works with the smart card reader in my d820 ?
Banking software, phone card etc.
And also please I need to know how to check if my card reader is working.
There is no reaction after pushing in a card.

14.4K Posts

January 27th, 2007 09:00

normally after clicking the sd card in, you may have to look in my computer to see if the card appears as a new drive letter.

14 Posts

January 27th, 2007 12:00

please be informed, this is not a sd card reader (memory card, flash card) it is a card that looks like a credit card with a small computer chip on it.

29 Posts

January 27th, 2007 21:00

Smartcards are used primarily in a PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) environment.  There are many different software programs and they tend to be engineered for use on a specific network.  The company  or party that issues the smartcard typically provides the software that will work on their system.  If you are having a problem with a smartcard contact the technical support team for your provider.  If you do not have a smartcard I would simply disable the item inside your hardware settings and forget about it.  If you want to learn more about smartcards check out this link.

January 17th, 2008 13:00

The Lat D820 can use the wave software to work with smart cards. you can also get 3rd party application such as activel client the military uses. Some if not all of the 3rd part software packages use certificates and that isn't usually a home user option so grab wave or another application that is stand alone to use the smart card.
No Events found!