Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 22nd, 2015 09:00

Webcam not working in Studio 1535 with Windows 7

Hello,

I have a studio 1535 laptop, it came with Windows Vista OS. However later on I had installed Windows 7 Ultimate OS. Initially my webcam worked with Win 7. But from some time it's not working. I downloaded the Webcam driver (CREATIVE-LABS_INTEGRATED-WEB_A05_R207341) for vista from Dell website. But when I installed it, at the end of installation it display error message "An error occurred while setting up the driver." I am using Dell Webcam Central software for webcam, when I run it display message "Please plug in a supported device".

Please guide me to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

May 29th, 2015 05:00

Thanks for your reply. I tried out diagnostics and other suggestion. At the end I open my laptop screen and found that a little plug besides camera wasn't attached properly. I attached it and then on restart it installed drivers and now working fine.

Again thanks for reply.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

May 22nd, 2015 14:00

Both Vista and Windows 7 had native support for the webcam so you shouldn't need to install any drivers, in fact installing the wrong driver can make things worse.

My suggestion is to uninstall any Creative software that you have for the webcam.  Check device manager (click start, right click computer, choose properties and select device manager) and look for the webcam.  If you find it, right click on it and choose uninstall, restart the system.

Windows should detect the webcam and reinstall it.  The next thing I would look into is possible software installed on the system that could be hogging up the webcam.  Look for any possible webcam software and make sure that you configure them not to start when you turn on the notebook.

Then chose one program that you want to use the webcam with and see if it is not detected and works.

If you continue to have problems try running 32 bit diagnostics if available.  Start the system tapping F12 and choose diagnostics, when the PSA tests complete you may be asked if you want to start hardware diagnostics, choose yes, then individual tests and then USB tests.   Since you updated to Windows 7 these diagnostics may not be available.

Once in USB diagnostics, the test should list all the USB devices including the webcam. If the webcam is not listed here it may be defective and will need to be replaced.

TB

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

May 22nd, 2015 17:00

No Events found!